Chapter 6: Fondness

Start from the beginning

-----

A bit later, Skye was getting ready to head out when there was a knock at her door.

Her mother entered the room and gave her a small smile. Skye was surprised to see her mom coming to see her.

"Are you going out?" Her mom asked, eyeing her outfit.

Skye was wearing a black tank top and black ripped jeans with a denim jacket. Her long hair was styled into a mermaid braid and she had put on just a hint of makeup. She was looking forward to meeting up with everyone, especially Kyan.

"Yeah, my friends from school invited me to hang out." She answered softly.

"I hope you're doing well in school. Remember to participate in as many extracurricular activities as you can. You know it's important for college. You should be thinking about going to the best one," her mom said sternly.

Skye wasn't surprised about what she had said. If they talked, it would always be about her studies and her academic future. There would be no 'how're you doing' or 'how're you settling' or 'what's going on in your life'. It was just how it was when it came to her parents.

Skye nodded slowly. Not bothering to reply and have her mood ruined. Her mom sighed and walked towards the door.

"Don't be out too late. You know the curfew." She said before stepping out of the room and closing the door behind her.

Skye stood for a moment, staring at the door before shaking herself out of it. Grabbing her keys and backpack, she hurried out of the house before she felt trapped.

After calling Kyan and asking for directions, she started driving towards the bowling alley.

Within 15 minutes, she pulled up at the parking lot and made her way inside, hoping she wasn't late.

She spotted Kyan and the rest in queue at the counter to purchase games and bowling shoes. The shoe rental was located near the main entrance and the gang was waiting for their turn to rent the shoes.

"Hey guys! I hope I'm not late."

"You're on time. We're just getting everything ready." Toby smiled enthusiastically.

"Someone's excited about this." Emma rolled her eyes.

"Who wouldn't be? I can't wait to beat all of your asses." Flynn grinned, bouncing on the spot.

"This is my first time so I don't know much about bowling," Skye replied, looking at Flynn with some anxiousness.

They all looked at her, shocked at her lack of social activities.

"Have you been living under a rock?" Mark burst out.

Jane smacked the back of his head for the outburst and everyone started laughing as Mark scowled and rubbed his head.

"Was that really necessary?" he asked in indignation as the gang moved forward to get the shoes.

Skye looked around, taking it all in. There were vending machines, billiards tables, arcade games, pro shops and party rooms in the bowling alley.