XIV

➳ don't leave me

➳ i believe, start running

walking through the halls in front of everybody and holding hands with his boyfriend made SEO CHANGBIN realize just how much more self-confidence he'd gained since he came to tancheon a few months ago.

he wouldn't say it was all thanks to HWANG HYUNJIN, because 1), that was cheesy, and 2), that would be a bit of a lie. of course the younger boy had helped him significantly, but it was changbin that stayed strong and got past the hostility of his new environment.

yesterday after they had talked and hyunjin had explained, and they'd "forgiven" each other in the middle of school, the hybrid had asked if he wanted to be his boyfriend, and changbin had agreed. he'd never been with anybody before and he had no idea how it was supposed to work, but there was no way he would ever tell the other that because he'd probably had lots of partners - he was half siren, for god's sake.

they skipped their first classes and instead made out in an empty science lab, because they were badass, hormonal teenagers with wonky moral compasses (who also accidentally broke a microscope because hyunjin headbutted it with his horns and spent half an hour stressing about how to fix it and where to put it so nobody could find out when it wasn't really broken and the hinge just needed to be reattached).

at lunch, they sat at their usual table, plus one third-wheeling individual. after an invitation a few days after the rooftop incident (which changbin had been informed about), LEE FELIX sat with them and expanded their "best friends duo" to a trio.

the three made loud, stupid jokes despite the language barrier between the hyunbin couple and lee felix, and ignored the stares from the "popular table" right next to them.

the "popular table", as it was not-so-affectionately referred to by most of the student body, consisted of a few vapid girls, the group of jocks who had been beating up lee felix, YANG JEONGIN, the annoyingly pure and angelic class president with wings the colour of pearls, BANG CHAN, a hippie naiad who was friends with lee felix (but didn't sit with him because the "popular table" would literally murder him) who only sat with the group because he'd been best friends with jeongin since, like, forever, and LEE MINHO, queen bee, number one backstabbing, snakey gorgon, with the forked tongue and piercing snake eyes.

minho was behind the rumours that had been flying around about hyunjin and changbin since day one, and he was somewhat involved in the bullying but preferred to let the other people in the group do the dirty work. chan and jeongin didn't dabble in the darker side of their group and were just content to sit back and let themselves be safe from ridicule.

for now, the trio of misfits were happy by themselves.

in a few months, all of that would change.