V

➳ it's selfish

➳ it's alive in your memory 

the school nurse clearly held the same prejudice against them that the rest of the school did, but, being an adult, and not rude enough to say anything to their faces, she kept her mouth shut. 

HWANG HYUNJIN woke up in the nurse's office (after his little episode in the courtyard, he'd fainted in his friend's arms and left him to carry him inside, which proved to be quite a struggle for the small human). said friend was sitting in a chair next to his bed, playing a game on his phone. when he heard hyunjin stir, he looked up, meeting the boy's eyes. he immediately looked away again. 

for a few seconds, the non-human couldn't place why he was so embarrassed. then he remembered, and apologies started to tumble out of his mouth like an avalanche. 'oh, my devils,' - this earned him a strange look from changbin, but he decided not to elaborate on why he couldn't say the word "god", - 'i am so sorry. i would have warned you, but i didn't know how to explain something like that! when i get really cold, in addition to being sick, i also... switch. it also happens when i feel strong emotions. basically most of the time i'm mostly demon, but at those times i switch to mostly siren. i can't control myself. but i do try. argh, i'm so embarrassed. you probably don't want to be friends with me after that.'

'it's fine. and i do want to be your friend. plus, i enjoyed it,' SEO CHANGBIN added with a cheeky grin. it made both of them laugh, something much-needed after the period of tension they'd been through.

'but what happened to your eye?'

now it was changbin's turn to be uncomfortable. 'uh, it was nothing.' hyunjin just crossed his arms and gave him a look that made the brunet sigh and give in. 'a couple of guys ambushed me and sort of beat me up,' he mumbled. 

'fuck, binnie! you have to tell me when that stuff happens.' the non-human's eyes had flown wide open. 'i'm gonna murder them.'

'please don't.'