Day 1.

Vic's POV

I grinned as Alan gave me an exasperated smile as I walked into the house with our Christmas tree, my baby brother helping me bring it in.

"What?" I asked and he raised his eyebrows.

"I didn't say anything," he said wryly.

"You're giving me that I can't believe I'm dating you look," I said.

"Babe, that tree is taller than both of us," he said.

"Well, we're not that tall."

"It doesn't matter," Alan said and glared at me. "Is it real!?" He demanded.

"Uh yeah," I said.

"It's going to cause such a mess!"

"No it's not! It's great!"

"Vincent, think of all the pine needles all over the floor," Alan argued.

"We can vacuum."

"That's extra."

"It's not."  I rolled my eyes at my boyfriend. "I promised Mike I'd pay him forty bucks if he helped me. Do you have forty dollars?"

"Forty dollars? No way."

"I promised him," I whined. "Baby the tree cost more than I thought."

"I told you I wanted a fake one because this is too messy. You owe your brother money, I don't."

"Baby," I whined.

"I'm not paying your brother."

"What about that time you made me give your best friend fifty dollars?" I demanded. "At least Mike deserves it!"

"That was different."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah really."

Mike came up and looked at Alan. "Pay me or I'll tell Vic what you got him for Christmas," he said.

Alan glared him before he took his wallet out and slapped the forty dollars in Mike's hand.

"Thank you," Mike sang and quickly left the house.

"I hate him," Alan said looking over at me.

"I do too."

"You should have had one of your other brothers help you."

"They're assholes," I said and walked over to where Mike and I had set the tree down. "Now help me set this up and then we can decorate the house."

"Okay, okay." 

I smiled and gave him a quick kiss before we started setting up. 

"I love you," Alan said as we started stringing up lights.

"I love you too," I told him, smiling a little. We had been dating for two years now and every time he told me, I still felt like he was telling me for the first time all over again.

"So, what did you get me for Christmas?"

I hummed. "I"m not telling you," I said.

"Why not?" 

"It's a present, babe," I reminded.

"I know that."

"So you don't get to know," I sang and walked over to the radio and turned on the Christmas music.

"Do we have to listen to Christmas music?" He whined.

"My house, my rules. The Christmas music stays on," I told him.