Chapter Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

<><><>

Carla finally woke up and turned over to see Chelia and Wendy curled up on the bed in a little ball. Things had been going far too fast, what with the kidnapping and the Mating Season, and Carla finally had the opportunity to say what she wanted to say. She hopped to her feet, wobbling only a bit, and the two jumped, looking over at her. "Carla, is something wrong?" Wendy asked. Carla looked over at Chelia and then back to Wendy. Don't get her wrong, Carla was incredibly happy for Wendy... but still. She was young and Carla was more than a bit protective. "From now on, there's going to be rules! You must be five feet away from each other at all times!" Wendy's eyes turned into those adorable little puppy-dog ones that she made whenever she was sad. Chelia was looking between Wendy, who she was currently curled up beside quite comfortably, and the white-furred Exceed. "And you can't share a bed... whenever there's more than one..." The only reason the Exceed said that last part was because she didn't want Wendy to be sleeping on the couch, which is what would inevitably happen if she enforced that rule tonight. "And n-" Chelia let out a sigh and looked back at Wendy. There was a shared look where Wendy tried to stop her, but not even Wendy could always stop a determined Chelia from speaking her mind. "Carla, I know you're worried about Wendy, but nothing bad is going to happen to her. I'm going to make sure of that. And we are definitely not going to stay more than five feet away at all times." To emphasis her point, Chelia wrapped her arm around Wendy's waist and scooted a bit closer. Wendy blushed as she looked between the two most important girls in her life, silently praying that they wouldn't have a fight right here and now. Carla let out a sigh and Wendy was shocked to see the white-furred Exceed back down. "Alright. I guess I can't expect that... but you're going to have a chaperone at all times!" Chelia opened her mouth, starting to sit up, but Wendy tightened her grip around Chelia's shoulders, pulling her back down. "Alright." She said. Chelia looked back at her her and closed her mouth, a slightly put off expression on her face. Wendy laughed quietly and found herself incredibly relieved that the two had not come to blows somehow. She didn't know how she had avoided such a confrontation, but she wasn't going to count her blessings just yet. "Good night." The blue-haired Dragon Slayer said quickly, turning off the lights before either of them could even consider taking up another argument. Carla leaped over Wendy, perhaps landing on Chelia purposefully, and curled up between them like a real cat. Wendy, despite the light, could see Chelia's expression and she mouthed a 'sorry' to her girlfriend. Wendy thought she'd be able to fall asleep easily with the two beside her, but she found herself thinking about what was to come. What was to become of Chelia and her guild predicament? What if Wendy didn't get to see her for months at a time? She forced herself to calm down and finally fell asleep. There was no use in worrying right now. That could all be discussed soon enough.

<><><>

Gajeel grunted as Levy started to talk about the maze again. The Iron Dragon Slayer couldn't honestly say that he was upset to find his Mate still talking about it. It was supposed to be a lesson that lasted their entire lives, after all. The blue-haired script Mage was still really impressed and Gajeel found a smirk gracing his lips as she continued. They finally came up to the apartments, but Levy was in that weird phase where she didn't pay attention to anything but what she was talking about. She didn't even notice as she almost walked past her own room. Gajeel put a hand on her shoulder to stop her from going any further. "Shrimp, I know I'm awesome, but you need to get some sleep." Levy gave him an eye roll before she suddenly looked around, realizing exactly where she was. "Alright. See you tomorrow, Gajeel." She said, starting to make her way to her apartment door. Gajeel laughed and suddenly pulled her back. "Goodnight." The Iron Dragon Slayer whispered, planting a quick kiss before turning on his heel and walking off down the hallway, leaving Levy to watch him go with more than a bit of annoyance. "Goodnight!" She called after him after about thirty seconds of confusion. Gajeel grinned. He loved surprising Levy. She was always so composed and in control. It was nice to see her get flustered every once in a while, especially when he got a kiss out of it. Gajeel heard her open her door about a minute later and smirked a bit broader. It had definitely worked. He'd have to remember just how confused and disorientated she got when she was pulled out of her thoughts.

<><><>

Natsu woke up and traipsed into the living room. He was exhausted, but that was always how he was in the mornings... although, he wasn't sure if ten o'clock would really be technically called the morning anymore... but he was too busy trying to just find food to answer that question. Natsu stumbled into the kitchen before he finally realized how clean everything was. He was suddenly wide awake and whipped his head around, finding a sleeping Gray leaning on his table. Natsu couldn't help but grin. He hadn't really wanted his house cleaned. Why did that really matter? All he had wanted was to see if Gray would do something so disgusting to get them back to normal. To Natsu's great relief, he did. It made the salmon haired Dragon Slayer far too excited and he almost woke up Gray as he celebrated. Natsu quieted himself down as soon as Gray started to mumble something from his place at the table. Natsu, foregoing breakfast for the time being, made his way into the living room, grabbing onto a freshly cleaned blanket, and set it down on top of Gray. He also lifted the black-haired Mage's head off the table and set a pillow underneath it. Natsu smiled and glanced over at his Mate lovingly for a second... then his stomach grumbled and he hurriedly got his breakfast together. He'd spent enough time getting Gray comfortable. Now he needed to get nutrients into his stomach as soon as possible. Natsu suddenly found he couldn't think of anything more romantic than holding off eating to make his boyfriend more comfortable. Natsu guessed you could say he had fallen pretty hard for a certain black-haired stripper by the name of Gray Fullbuster.

<><><>

Mirajane looked over at a sleeping Cana. She was probably going to be asleep for hours considering just how much she had had to drink the night before. Mirajane smiled as Cana twitched a bit in her sleep. It was pretty adorable. She found herself thinking about what Cana had said the day before again. They were going to be together forever... and that felt so right... but Mirajane just felt like there was something missing. As if there was something that was supposed to happen before she knew that. And then it hit her. Of course.