Home

To Alisha this was hell.

But her mom was a good woman who tried hard to provide for her two daughters.

But Alisha was one of these teens who thinks she is old enough to know everything. So she treated her mom and sister badly.

"Alisha! where have you been?! I've been worried sick! I called your phone about 30 times!"

"I was out."

"Well can I get a warning next time? I'd like to know you're not dead in a ditch!"

"wouldn't matter if I was, mom." Alisha yelled down the stairs as she closed her bedroom door.

She plopped down on the bed and did her usual rerun in her head of the day. She pulled out her notebook and began to write down the insults she could remember and the names of the people who said them.

bitch - Amy homer

queer - Josh Scales

why are you even here? - Hailey Black

the emo thing is just for attention isn't it? - Hannah Palmers

When she was finished she circled 'crummy little bitch' and went over to the sock drawer to dig for her razor. The cool metal blade slid perfectly through the skin on her upper thigh where she hid her cuts. She did one for each insult but when she got to the circled words she gave herself 3.

After her cuts were made and the towel she set down to sit on was stained she lay on the floor thinking and bleeding. She never cut enough to bleed out. just enough to feel the sweet sting of pain and let the sting of the insults be released with the scarlet flow of her blood. This to her was a perfect release.

"Alisha honey! Dinner is ready."

"Just a minute!" She yelled as she rushed to clean up.

She threw on thick sweats to cover her cuts so her mom wouldn't see and went down stairs. Dinner was silent. Probably because it consisted of the same meatloaf as the night before because Alisha's mom made food in bulk to insure a meal every night.

As Alisha pushed reheated meat around her plate she happened to glance down and notice a small red spot forming on her lap. she quickly shoveled the rest of her food down and rushed to the kitchen narrowly avoiding her mom seeing the blotch on her pants.

"Alisha, are you OK?"

"yea mom just tired. I'm going to bed."

Alisha rushed up the stairs to her room but before she could open the door her mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

"I know what you're hiding and I'm going to find that razor."

Alisha slammed and locked her door then buried herself in the blankets. This meant that she had to hide her razor well before she could leave for Sarah's tomorrow.

She pulled out her phone and dug around for the slip of paper that Carey had given her. The typed in the number and sent her a text.

"Hey Carey, Its Alisha from class."

"I was hoping you would text me. :) I saw you hanging around with that Sarah girl after school today. Are you two friends?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Its just that my brother hangs around with her and I've heard some scary stuff about her. You don't seem to be that kind of person."

"Well Sarah is my best friend. She isnt that bad once you get to know her"

"Sorry. I hope I didn't upset you. I just like you a lot and I don't want you to get hurt ya know. If you ever need anything you can let me know."

"K"

Alisha put her phone away in a huff. "The nerve of some people" she thought to her self. "She doesn't even know me like that" as she lay there her mind spun in circles think of Sarah. She was so beautiful. But this Carey girl said she liked Alisha and that made her mind spin even more with questions. Did she mean that as a friend or something else? If she means more do I want that? Could I ask her something like that or would I offend her? As her mind raced she slipped off to sleep.