Creek Water

Alisha could her it running somewhere close by. Soon she could see it running over the path in front of them.

"Can we stop for a rest here?"

"Child we must press on. You wouldn't want to run out of time and be trapped here would you?" Said Haras in a strange tone that unsettled Alisha a bit.

"No but I think a few minutes would be fine."

"Its a bad idea girl. Trust me."

"Just stop and let me sit" Alisha said forcefully.

Haras stopped and lay his huge body down on the ground so Alisha could climb down. She walked to the side of the path and sat down on the ground and let out a sigh.

"Haras? Do you know how I got here?" Did I mess up some how?"

"Not many people find themselves in this this place. And those who do never know why. I have met a lot of people here but I have never known why or how they got to this place."

"I just don't understand this place. Nothing looks real. Its all things I've never seen before." Alisha explained as she looked up at the purple tinted sky.

"What you see is only your perception. Everyone I've met describes it differently. I believe this place molds its self to meet the situation of each person in order for them to find what they need to find easier."

"If that's the case what does it look like to you?"asked Alisha.

"Because I live in this place it changes around me. I see what each person sees. Though I don't know the reason for their arrival. Me and the serpant both live here and have our own land to tend to. This is my territory and I take my time to keep it beautiful for each person who wanders into it."

"Its very beautiful." Alisha said as she reached out to touch a big beautiful flower that was blooming on a bush next to her. But before she could feel the soft looking petals between her fingers the great beast jumped up and quickly moved himself between her and the bush, swatting away her hand with his large legs.

"You must never touch any of my plants!" He roared at her frightening her so much she leapt to her feet.

"Why not?" She asked reluctantly as the beast's eyes glared at her in anger

"Just don't. Climb back up on my back. We should be on our way."

"I'd like very much to walk if you don't mind."

Alisha's voice was trembling with fear. This beast was huge and could crush her with a single blow of his huge hoof. Haras stepped closer to her with a strange flame of anger in his face that made Alisha's whole body freeze.

"Don't be stupid. I'm much faster than you and we have already waisted time sitting here. Get on my back now."

"You're scaring me. I don't want to get on your back."

Haras stepped back and seemed to calm his face in realization.

"I'm sorry child if you wish to walk you may."

"Thank you." Alisha turned and started to cross the creek by jumping from stone to stone. Now the really thought she may have made the wrong choice. But what could she do now. If she turned around and ran this beast was 10 times faster and would catch her in no time. She looked up at the beam of light she was so desperate to reach and noticed she could see it through the thick beautiful trees leaning over the path. All she could do now was walk and hope she was getting closer to home.

As she walked she began to analyze her situation. What could be the reason she was sent here? What was she supposed to find? What had she done? Her thoughts trailed to her mother and sister. Was it that? Was she so mean to them that she was sent away to learn love? What about her friends? Was it Sarah that caused this? All of the questions were spinning in her mind as she listened to the loud thumping foot steps of Haras next to her.

Without thinking her hand wandered and grabbed the leaf of a huge bluish bush. But as her fingers met the surface is the leaf the whole bush withered away and turned black. Slowly every plant around it began to die too. Startled, Alisha jumped back.

"LOOL WHAT YOU HAVE DONE STUPID GIRL!" Haras screamed from behind her. "YOU HAVE RUINED MY LURE!"

"Lure?" Alisha asked. "What are you trying to catch?

"Its fine. I shall take your soul here instead."

"What?" Alisha step backward preparing to run but before she could Haras knocked her down with the blow of his hoof in the center of her chest. As she struggled to regain her breath the beast stepped over her and looked down at her. His face began changing. His skin withering away and falling to the ground around her until he was nothing but bone. He opened his mouth wide and as he did Alisha started feel like she was fainting. She looked down to see a strange orb of light being sucked from her chest. She started to fade. But suddenly the great beast was knocked off to the side by an in known force.

Alisha coughed and struggled to get up. When she looked to see where Haras had fallen she saw him standing up and bracing himself for battle, and in front of him was Yerac. His body was coiled behind him but he was lifting him self up and hissing. His head was high and mighty. Just then Alisha understood she had made a horrible mistake.