"Its cold as a bitch out here and he tellin' me to wait." I said to no one in particular. "Open the door nigga I'm cold!" I yelled in the silent parking lot. I heard the locks click and I opened the door and sat in the seat. "Was the phone call that confidential that I had to stand outside like that?" I asked.

"No I just didn't want to open the door." He said with a smile.

"You're a dick." I said laughing.

He laughed and pulled out of the parking lot.

                      *************

Around twenty minutes later we pulled into a middle class neighborhood. He stopped in the driveway of a brick house that had a doubled garage doors, and there was another black car parked in the driveway beside him.

"You have two cars?" I asked.

"Nah that's my moms car." He said shutting off his car.

"Oh." I made my way out of the car and followed behind him to the front door on the cobblestone walkway. He opened the door and let me in first. I admired the black and white with a touch of red set up of the house, it was nice.

I stopped in my tracks and looked behind me to see Malik closing the door. "Malik is that you!" I heard a female voice yell out.

"Yea Ma, who else would it be?" Malik asked.

"It could've been Jerry." She said loudly.

"You gave that nigga a key?" Malik asked getting mad.

Then his mom came into the room with Scrubs on making her presence known and looked at Malik disappointed. "Malik, don't be like that." She said lowly. His mom was very pretty, she had brown skin, and a short haircut with her bang swooped to the side. She kind of resembled Terry J. Vaughn. She looked at me and smiled. "And who is this pretty little thing?" She asked.

"Hi." I said reaching my hand towards her.

She smacked my hand away gently. "Girl we don't shake hands in these parts." She said opening her arms for a hug. I went over to hug her and she gave me a tight squeeze before letting go.

"This is my friend Cree." Malik started.

"Oh, so this is Cree, I've heard quite a lot about you." She said.

"Really?" I asked glancing back at Malik. "Good things I hope." I said with a smile.

"Of course, only good things." She said returning the smile.

"Anyway, her brother isn't home yet and she doesn't have a key so she gonna chill here for a bit." Malik said.

"Okay, that's fine, I'm 'bout to leave for work anyway." She said.

I took off my shoes and fixed my ankle socks since they were falling down. I followed Malik into the living room and sat next to him on the black leather couch. I watched his mom walk back and forth in her scrubs trying to find everything she needed for work. She went back to I'm guessing her room and came out with chestnut UGGs on and her hospital shoes in her hand. She put them on the stool and put on her leather jacket. She grabbed her shoes and purse then turned toward us. "Alright, have fun but not too much fun."

"Alright mom." Malik said.

"Okay, Malik don't burn down my house!" She shouted from the front door.

"No promises!" He shouted back and the front door closed.

                        ***********