Part 1

Today, like every weekday, the business was slow. The festival was in town, and that's pretty much why there were hardly any customers. Every time the carnival is in town, I never get to attend because of work. Unfortunately, I have to work and be indoors for the next six and a half hours, and by the time I am free, the festival is sure to close for the night.

"Look over there!" Hannah elbowed my ribs, striving to get my awareness. "What is it?" I wondered. "Look at those guys who just walked in" She playfully wiggled her eyebrows. "Where?" I asked, peeking around to see what captured her attention. "Oh, you'll see them," She said and walked towards the back into the storage room.

Hannah is my best friend in and outside of work. We applied to this job together and have been working here for the past three years. Lucky for me, she makes work worthwhile, hardly having any bad days whenever we are stuck working together.

"Look, those guys right there," She said in a loud whisper. "I think there's ten of them,"

"I only see seven," Her eyes rolled to the back of her head. "Whatever. The point is that they came in a group. Maybe we can leave work with a boyfriend." I chose to ignore her and her idiotic mindset. It's been a long day of work, and the last thing I need is to hear nonsense.

"I think that guy needs assistance," I tell Hannah as I walk towards the other end of the counter where the gentleman stood waiting for assistance.

"Hello. Did you need any help?" Hannah asked, the tall, good-looking man.

"My friends and I are interested in playing a few video games. I was curious about how this system works,"

"Ah! Yes!" Hannah said and practically jumped in front of me. She might already be into him. I kind of chuckled to myself and stood aside to let her finish assisting him.

Hannah groaned and crossed her arms as the gentleman walked over to the kiosk to purchase his game card.

"Oh, my God. He is so hot,"

"Hannah, shut up. He probably has a girlfriend,"

"Yeah, me." She tossed her hair and laughed before taking a walk around the arcade to check up on the customers.

Giggles could be heard in the distance and made us curious about what could be so funny. Just as we turned the corner, we recognized the same group of guys laughing at how two of them played the dance game.

It managed to get a good laugh out of them, including Hannah and me. We stood watching from a distance, smiling and laughing until one of them caught us watching and stared back. We then nodded our heads and proceeded to walk so it wouldn't seem like we were stalking them.

"Did you see how that one guy looked at you?"

"Which one?"

"The cute one,"

"Hannah, they're all cute?"

She shrugged, not thinking much of it. "You'll see when the guy checks you out again," she replied with a mischievous smirk.

As we walked back up to the front counter, I heard someone coming from behind me. "Ah, excuse me?" The gentleman said a bit louder over the games.

"Yes?" I turned to find him trying to reach out for my shoulder, but he pulled away quickly, smiling sheepishly. "Wow, you are pretty," He mumbled to himself. Then, he stuck his hand out. "I'm Taehyung," We shook hands firmly. "One of my friends seems to find you appealing, but he's a bit too nervous about coming to talk to you himself," He shrugged.

"Oh, is that so?" I asked curiously, crossing my arms.

"I told him that there was no reason to be nervous, but I think I understand why he would be," Taehyung chuckled as he scratched his nape lightly. "You're a lot prettier up close. I think my hands are sweating," He joked, pretending to wipe the sweat off his hands.

"Which friend is it?"

Taehyung points to a guy wearing a white shirt and a black leather jacket.

"He said he wanted to talk to you, but I'm not sure if he's going to or not, so I thought I'd help him. I hope you don't mind?"

"Oh, I don't mind at all."

Taehyung beamed. "Let me go get him real fast," he said and took off.

Back at the counter, Hannah and I stood talking until she suddenly grew stiff and gasped. "Act cool. They're coming!" She whispered loudly just before acting most unnaturally. I had no other choice but to laugh it off.

"Excuse me?" The tall, handsome guy that Hannah was eyeing approached us. "When will you guys be closing?"

"We'll be open all night," She sighed and pouted. "You'll be home soon," He spoke positively to Hannah, chuckling a bit.

It seemed as if he were flirting with each other. She laughed lightly and continued to talk to him.

It was best to let them have their privacy, so I walked off to the other end of the counter and leaned over it when a commotion caught my attention at the corner of the arcade.

I glanced at Hannah to see if she had noticed, but she paid no mind to it as she chatted with the handsome guy at the counter. I shake my head, laughing internally.

"I'm sorry, but are your friends okay over there?" I interrupted their conversation. He turned to look, and his eyes widened, "Oh! Sorry, please excuse me," he smiled apologetically before running towards his group.

"So, what's his name?" I asked Hannah as we watched him leave.

"Namjoon," She answered with a grin. "He invited me to the fair tomorrow!"

"Did he?" I asked, intrigued.

"Yeah! He's so sweet. You should come!"

"I wish I could go, but I have to work tomorrow," Hannah frowned. "I can't leave you here by yourself."

Before I could say anything, Taehyung walked back up to the counter. "So, minor issue," he chuckled. "He's still a little shy. We have to get going, but is it okay if we exchange numbers?" He asked a bit unsure of what my answer would be.

"Oh, sure!" As easy as that, we exchanged numbers. "I'll text you as soon as I get home and see if by then, he'll want to talk to you himself,"

"Sounds good," I replied.

"Great! See you around!" He waved before walking off to meet back up with his friends.

Meanwhile, Namjoon had walked back to the counter and exchanged numbers with Hannah before saying goodbye and leaving with others.

"Wow, what a hunk," Hannah practically drooled as she watched him walk out the door. I could only laugh and shake my head at her. Afterall, Namjoon was a cute guy, and I could not blame her.

To Be Continued