Chapter 6: The Snare of Field Poppies

You see, you got baited.

Did you not realize? You have long fallen into the trap of the Rokujō.

You can't move.

You are ensnared in the crystal, glowing threads, struggling within them, fading away as the filthiest woman on this world.

This is my revenge.

He forgot the promise we made.

Wretched women like you are insolent enough to lure him away from me.

You leashed him firmly, pulling all sorts of strings to prevent me from approaching him.

Thus, I have the right to strangle all the wretched, filthy women in this world to death.

And at the moment when you cease to breathe, I shall sneer at you, you who looked down on me and assumed I was harmless, and I shall say.

You are the one I truly despised.

♢ ♢ ♢

(Well, whatever, I won't be getting Akagi's love.)

One had to wonder how many times Honoka deleted Koremitsu's messages, and she nervously strolled alone down the bustling street in the middle of the night. She was wearing glasses, her hair tied into twin ponytails.

She was to meet the 'Poppy' at the alley in front of her.

She gave herself the codename Heliotrope, for even though Koremitsu was annoyed with her, she wanted to be his Heliotrope.

Surely, she did such a reckless action because of Koremitsu Akagi.

If not, she would not have thought of doing the dirty work of heading to such a dim street to buy drugs.

Surely she would be expelled if the school was to know about it. There were a few members of the Yakuza waiting over there, holding drugs. Not all of them were dealing drugs.

Honoka knew that she would be in danger, but she wanted to affirm if the 'Poppy' was Yū. If Yū was indeed the drug dealer, she would have to convince her to stop.

If possible, she wanted to end this before Koremitsu found out—

(I know that it's just me being selfish and trying to satisfy myself. Even so, I don't want to see Akagi suffer, and this is something I have to do...)

—What were you doing, Shikibu?

After school, Koremitsu glared at Honoka fiercely, interrogating her with a terrifying howl.

—You weren't paying a visit at the hospital when I met you there. Stop trying to bluff me. Say it!!

Koremitsu was infuriated that Honoka was spying on Yū.

Perhaps the crazy messages that were circulated in school were sent by her.

It was said that Hiina of the news club fell from the stairs due to the work of a vengeful spirit, and was taken away by ambulance, so she ran off the stairs where Hiina fell from.

She then found Koremitsu looking grim, a heinous atmosphere surrounding him, and he stormed agitatedly towards her, grabbing her arm, interrogating, "Your bracelet, what happened to it?"

Once Honoka said that she dropped it, Koremitsu followed up by asking where did she drop it, his other hand handing it over to her.

It was the exact same bracelet as the one she dropped.