Chapter 4: Revengeful Ghost Is Ruling

The next morning, after four days of absence, Koremitsu attended school.

"Mr. Akagi, you caught a cold?"

His classmate Yoshida asked while they were at the corridor.

"Eh? Ah, yeah."

It appeared he missed classes because he was assumed to be ill. Surely, it was much different from when he took a little break, and ended up rumored to be off for a country delinquent tour.

"If you don't mind, I can lend you my notes during the break."

After hearing that, Koremitsu was touched.

He entered the classroom, and saw Honoka at her seat, fiddling with her phone with a terrifying face. She was frowning, pouting, staring at it intently.

"Yo..."

She was taken aback by Koremitsu's sudden greeting, and hurriedly hid her phone, turned her face aside, and said,

"M-morning."

And then, she continued to fiddle with her phone again.

(What's with her? She's looking flustered after seeing me.)

Just like the expression she showed at the hospital Yū was staying at...

Just when Koremitsu was starting to be concerned about Honoka's attitude, his cellphone suddenly vibrated.

His face immediately stiffened, but the sender was Michiru.

(huh)

Koremitsu lifted his head, and spotted Michiru holding a cellphone, staring at Koremitsu at his seat.

(Why must you send a message? Can't you just come over directly?)

He opened the message.

"Please come to the roof during the break. Don't let Hono know about it."

"I suppose it is not a love confession."

Hikaru too spoke grimly as he watched the stern expression on Michiru's face.

During the break after the first period.

Koremitsu went to the roof, and Michiru was already there.

The sky before Winter was clear, and the blustery gales caused one to shiver due to the cold.

Koremitsu slowly approached Michiru, and the latter went straight to the point, worried about the lack of time,

"Shiiko came to our school yesterday. I told her that you were on leave, and she was shocked. You didn't inform your family members that you weren't attending school, Mr. Akagi?"

"Well, yeah."

Koremitsu answered, feeling startled,

(Shiiko actually came to school?)

Koremitsu and Hikaru stared at each other.

(Did Shiiko ask me to sleep with her because of this? Why didn't she ask me why I skipped school? What was so urgent that she had to come to our school?)

"You're going to talk about Shiiko, right?"

"There's still more..."

Michiru's words remained vague, her expression gloomy.

"I also wanted to talk to you about Hono, Mr. Akagi. She has been acting strange recently."

"Strange?"