Every Thought Of You 7

Chapter 7

"God! Cole could you drive any slower!?" I huffed with exasperation, slumping back into the car seat. I turned around to look at Charley sat in the back looking at her watch.

"We've got twenty minutes until our flight Cole, you need to step on it!" Charley screamed at my brother, he flinched and went red as a response.

We were currently on our way to the airport to catch our flight to America... Or rather hopefully catch our flight to America.

Aunt Molly and Uncle Alex had left the UK yesterday to go back to California yesterday. We had met them at the airport when they arrived in the UK to be here for our parents funeral.

It was comforting to have other relatives with us, rather than it being just Cole and I.

When we met them at the airport on their arrival, I ran towards Molly as she wrapped her arms around me, I hardly knew her, but she was dad's sister, she was our family.

We drove them back to our house where we spent the evening in the living room sharing stories about our parents. Cole and I had learnt of some of the jokes Molly and dad had played on each other when they were younger. Suffice to say they had us in fits of laughter.

Molly would always get him back for his jokes though as we were told.

When they were in their teens and dad began to bring girls home, Molly would take her time to explain to the girl all of dads embarrassing moments.

It was nice to hear about my parents again. It was nice to talk about them rather than bottle the thoughts up and stay quiet.

Hearing about Aunt Molly and dads relationship reminded me of mine and Coles relationship, it was relaxed and comforting.

I went to bed that night feeling like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders from talking about my parents.

I curled up and remembered the good times with mum and dad, and not their last day alive.

The funeral was the next day and it came and went in a blur. I sat and stared into space for the most part.

No tears slipped from my eyes that day, I think my eyes are now immune to the tears, somehow preventing them. Instead my eyes are dry and empty of signs of light.

Cole said a few words in front of everyone for us both, but I zoned out.

I blocked out others crying and comforting words, my eyes only seeing others pain.

When my parents died, it felt as if a part of me was taken with them. Upsetting and painful were the only words to describe that day.

The day after the funeral, Molly and Alex had returned to California to give us a day on our own before we went to join them today.

I looked back at Charley who was looking down at her watch again. "I think we'll make it." She heaved, closing her eyes and lulling her head against the back of the seat.

There was nothing I hated more than being late. I rubbed my hands against my jeans, removing the moisture of worry.

Thankfully Charley's mum had agreed for her to come to California, she said she needed it just as much as we did. She was broken too.

We pulled up outside the entrance. Charley and I hopped out into the pouring rain and ran over to the building as I heaved my heavy shoulder bag over my back. Cole drove the car to be parked as Charley and I waited in doorway.

He ran over to us a few minutes later once he was parked and we began to walk into the busy airport.

As we raced over to the desks, I couldn't help but glance around at the tourists and happy families going on holiday. The little kids running around with buckets and spades while their parents looked tired and happy to be getting away.