Every Thought Of You 5

Chapter 5

I woke startled the following morning, hearing the thunder cracking outside my bedroom window and the heavy wind rattling against the glass.

The rain belted down onto the ground below, echoing it's sound through the street.

The pale bedsheets were in a bundle at the bottom on the bed, creased and crinkled.

I looked around my room, trying to focus my eyes on something to wake me up, it was dimly lit, the only light provided from the street lamps outside.

Cole had carried me from my parents room and back into my room earlier on in the night.

He'd woken me up while carrying me through the corridor, but I'd kept my eyes shut, trying to keep dreaming about that boy until I eventually could see his face.

But it didn't work, all I saw was his back.

I turned onto my back, staring up at the dark ceiling, not blinking as I remembered last nights dream I had while sleeping in my parents bed.

It was the same vision as the one I had the first night home, yet, this one seemed so much clearer. Like I was almost there, seeing it with my own eyes.

I lifted my hand from off the bed and moved it to my face, rubbing it over my eyes, trying to remove the dream from my mind for a little while.

I had other things to think about for now. The dreams should be the least of my worries, no matter how much they bother and puzzle me.

Charley had gone home last night. She had told Cole it was because she hadn't seen her parents in a while.

But I knew it was because she thought she didn't need me anymore, the truth was I did need her, more than anyone.

I was so angry and upset with myself that I'd pushed her away yesterday.

I lay on my bed for another half an hour, trying to regain some of the sleep I've lost over these past few days, but thoughts of the visions with him in it kept appearing in my mind.

I soon began to feel impatient and frustrated as I couldn't sleep and stop the thoughts, so I stood up suddenly and walked to my wardrobe, opening the two oak coloured doors.

I pulled out my light grey cardigan and pulled it over my arms. Walking over to my bedroom door hastily, I grabbed onto the cold handle and swung it open making a loud banging noise as it hit the wall on the other side.

I stood still in the door way for a few moments, trying to let my eyes to adjust to the bright light that surrounded the corridor.

The main lights were on and I could hear doors shutting and some movement below me.

Shuffling slowly down the corridor, I glanced at the wall clock above the stair case.

It was quarter to eight in the morning, the dark grey clouds were still making it darker than it should be outside.

I walked through the dimly lit living room quietly and into the kitchen where the floor tiles were cold under my feet.

I stopped in the kitchen door way when I saw Cole sat at the kitchen table. He had a cup of water in one hand and his phone in the other while messaging someone, I presume.

He looked up from his phone towards me for a brief moment and stared into my eyes.

I took my eyes away from his for a second so I could take in his appearance.

He was different.

His hair looked washed and tidy, it's brown colour now shiny and soft. His face was also freshly shaven and I could smell his sweet cologne from where I was stood.