Every Thought Of You 1

Chapter 1

It all happened too soon, one minute I was out in the London Bank with my parents, changing our money for our summer holiday to California later on this month. We were going with my older brother Cole who still lives at home, and then, I was in a hospital bed, in and out of consciousness and no longer have any parents.

As my eyes flutter open the bright white lights glare at me and I see the nurses running around with clip boards, but I couldn't focus on my surroundings, what had just happened?

Who was he. That boy in my dream, I couldn't see his face, he had his back to me, but his choppy blonde hair was blowing in the breeze, and he was standing on a beach at sunset, I didn't know him, I didn't recognise him... or the beach for that matter, so why did he keep appearing in my dream?

I touched my head as pain erupted through my skull. I felt around at my bandaged covered forehead, covered up from where I hit it in the bank.

I closed my eyes, squeezing them shut as tightly as possible. What had happened last night?

At that moment Cole my older brother came running in, the door shut behind him, closing with a soft click.

Pain and hurt were evident in his eyes. He'd been in earlier in the day but I hadn't been fit to talk.

''Maisie, you're awake. Mais, I'm so sorry, I came as quickly as I heard you'd woken fully, mum and dad are d-d-dead'' he rushed out quickly, barely taking time to breathe, tears rolling down his reddening checks.

He snapped his eyes away from mine and looked down at his fingers, trying to hide his pain, but I knew it was there.

He looked knackered, his eyes bloodshot and his dark brown hair messed up. The back of his neck slightly reddening where he'd been rubbing in anger.

"I know Cole, I heard you earlier talking to the nurses while I was in mid consciousness and- '' before I finished my sentence he grabbed me into a tight hug as he sobbed into me, his broad shoulders and long arms crushing my fragile body. I could feel his tears running down my uncomfortable hospital night dress.

''Cole, please please tell me what happened, I can't think, I have only had small visions, I don't understand, how did I survive? How did mum and dad..." I trailed off as my lips began to quiver, though I bit them to stop me from breaking down. Be strong Maisie.

"Maisie listen to me, you have to rest for now, I will explain the details in a few hours, you're not fit to understand and take the information at the moment. You've only just woken up Mais.

"I'll be right next to the bed while you sleep holding your hand, I won't leave your side.''

He paused for a breath, ''We'll talk soon.''

Cole looked tired, his white work shirt creased and tear stained, the sleeves rolled up his arms and the top buttons undone.

''Okay'' I said, barely a whisper as my eyes began to close, unsure whether I wanted to rest or the answers.

He gently placed his bear like hand over mine, squeezing it for reassurance.

But as my eyes closed and I started to drift off to sleep, the vision of that boy was playing in my mind again, and above all the questions I wanted answers too, I wanted to know who that boy was more. Why did he keep appearing in my dreams since I had been in hospital and my parents were killed?

~

I woke with a start. I was still in a hospital bed, although the room was darker than before.