Chapter 20

Alex's POV:

I've never felt that  bad about doing something against my will  , I did hurt the angel that is sitting in front of me , I did brake her wings , I cannot look at her anymore.  the feeling of guilt is killing me but I had no other choice.

She's looking down , didn't want me to see her crying . What kind of monster am I ? Her chest is moving very fast and her hands are holding the books tightly in a defensive way.

" Sure , you don't have to worry " she said without looking at me .

I wish I can forget about the whole world right now , hold her tight in my arms and tell her the truth , how she's never leaving my mind even my dreams , how crazy I am about her.

But the ugly reality keeps popping out  , seeing her leaving my office silently broke every single part of my heart.
I never want her to leave my office , my class , my life . But I think nothing seems to be working the way I want it to.

I guess the hardest part of my day has passed, I kept thinking all night what and how am I going to tell her . It was much harder than I expected.
A knocking on my door interrupted my thoughts , the door was opened before I could even answer . It was her again. , a very broken version of her .

" I am sorry , I just wanted to let you know that I am switching to evening classes  , that way you don't have to feel sorry for me anymore , it was nice meeting you . Have a good day "

And before I could even say anything , she  turned away from me and left .
Her words were like bullets to my heart. The sound of her broken voice , the decision that she just took and the way she left my office were so much for me to handle .

The idea of not seeing her anymore in my class was enough to make me  feel ripped from the inside. I can't stand the idea of her being another teacher's student , she is mine !

I was getting ready to follow her , to stop her from taking that stupid decision . She can't do that to me .
I opened the door , and went straight to the elevator and pushed the button .

While waiting for it to come . I was thinking of what i am gonna tell her . Honestly, I found nothing to say . What am I doing ? She has every right to take that decision . She's actually helping me , us , by switching classes . I am sure it is going to be hard for me, but eventually it is for our best since this relationship is going nowhere.

The elevator was here , but I am not going anywhere . I think this is the end of everything. From this day, everything should go back to the way it was . My mind is proud of me but my heart is broken.