Chapter 27 ♡ A Breaking Flame? (3/4)

Start from the beginning

"Think so?"

"Yeah."

I shook my head. "I don't know. She's really taking it to the heart right now."

"She's a female who had her first love, first family. It's a first for everything."

I nodded. "Yeah, that's true."

"Just talk to her, and keep her and Konie a good distance away from each other."

"I'll try."

"Don't be so up beat about it man. Y'all make it." He said patting my back and walking into the kitchen. I stayed in the living room and began to think hard. Can I fix this or just let it play out..maybe?

Maybe letting it play out and have its toll might help.

"Beep beep."

I looked up to see Stacy walk in with her Last Kings jersey on and some gyms shirts and free runs.

"Hey." I said getting up from the couch.

"Hi." She said softly.

"Mrs. Breezy." Ty said giving her a hug. "Hello." she said hugging him back.

"Mom where you been?" Caleb asked coming downstairs.

"Why?" She asked running her hands through his curly hair.

"Cause I need help with something."

"Something like what?"

"It's a something. Just come on." He grabbed her hand and quickly ran upstairs leaving me and Ty, alone.

"She seems tired." He said.

I sighed. "I can tell...think I should go and talk to her?"

"Nahh, let her get some air. She needs it." He said shaking his head.

"Ight, thanks."

"No problem." He said giving me a handshake. "Call me if you need somewhere to crash." He said heading to the door.

"No need to tell me twice." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"One more thing." He said stopping and turning.

"Wassup?"

"You seen Mijo?"

"Nah, why?"

"Nigga owe me a hundred dollars."

"You might as well forget that shit, Mijo ain't paying up."

"Oh he will. Watch." He said and left leaving me laughing and shakimg my head. I walked into the kitchen and began to clean up since apparently, no one else was and I was the only one down here.

As I fixed the dish water, I felt finger tips brush my lower back and I turned my head to see Stacy walking past me and hop onto the counter.

"What was that for?"

She looked at me confused.

"What?"

"You touched me."

"No I didn't." She shook her head.

"I swear I just felt your hands on my lower back."

"You must be really missing my touches." She said shrugging. But that is true and I can't deny it.

"But wassup?" I asked her.

"I decided that I'm just going to take maybe a day or 2 away from home, just to get my mind right." She said slowly making sure I absorb every word she said.