31. The Absence Of A Heart

Start from the beginning

The woman nods and begins to search the racks as does Rosalie. I look around for a moment and touch the soft fabric of one of the dresses. My phone vibrates and I almost ignore it, figuring it's Parker, until I see a photo of Tommy and Ronnie pop up.

I instantly answer. "Ron?"

"Hey stranger." His rough, deep voice says. "How you doing?"

I tear and cover my mouth. "Oh Ron... I have to tell you something. Please don't be mad..."

I can imagine his frown. "Okay... Wh-what happened?"

"I got married. Alice and I got married about 2 weeks ago." I whisper.

It's silent for a moment before I hear him chuckle. "Congratulations. I'm not mad, I'm happy for you. You did something for yourself."

I smile. "Are you busy?"

"No, I just got home from work and Luc is at her moms with the baby. Why?"

-

I stand on the podium in the first dress, feeling the silky bodice of the dress and the layered tulle skirt. "I don't know..."

"If its the color, don't panic it can be dyed

"If its the color, don't panic it can be dyed. A range of the dresses come in different shades or tones." The consultant assures.

I sigh and turn away from the mirror looking at Rose. "What's Alice wearing?"

"I'm sworn to secrecy." She shakes her head. "Plus you'd never guess." She smirks.

I sigh and look down. I hear footsteps and I instantly look up, smiling wide when I see my big little brother. "You came!" I run at him and he catches me in a hug, his big arms holding me close. Its been about 4 months since I've seen him, too long in my opinion. He wears his usual skinny jeans and shirt with a tee underneath, his blonde hair tied back.

"Of course I did. You look amazing." He pulls away a little and looks down at the dress.

I look up at him. "I need honestly here. Rose is biased, she just wants her choice."

He chuckles and nods, letting go and sitting beside Rose. "Okay, next dress then."

I smile, a bit more enthused to do this now. I change into the next dress and come out, raising an eyebrow when I see the two talking in low voices. I clear my throat. "So?"

"Nope." They both say in unison.

" They both say in unison