NO.1 | STAND A LITTLE STRAIGHTER, ALEC

CHAPTER 2

Alec was being a little shit. (Albeit an adorable shit, but a shit all the same.)

What the hell was he doing?

Discreetly, Magnus glamoured himself to look like a cat. A glitter obsessed cat.

He followed Alec, darting through the occasional shadow or little leaf pile, because he could right (surely he was allowed to have a little fun) to... wherever Alec was going.

As he was a couple metres behind him, he didn't notice Alec flirting with the girl until he literally walked into them. (As it turned out, he ended up tripping through Alec's legs unintentionally. Naturally, Alec absentmindedly bent down and picked him up, petted him [petted him?!] and set him down. Okay, so he knew that Alec liked cats, but that didn't mean that he could randomly pick up any stray cat and just stroke it.)

Magnus the glitter-cat froze all of a sudden, stabbing his paws into the stone, claws out.

Wait, what?

Last time he checked, he was pretty sure that Alec was fully gay.

So why was Alec quite obviously flirting with the girl who was currently looming over him, the amazingly glitter-cat Magnus Bane? On their goddamn anniversary?

Did he not have a heart, or had it been frozen on this cold day?

Magnus could feel his own heart contracting, as if somebody was slowly squeezing the life out of it. Was that random girl really better than himself? Did Alec really love him after all?

(mood: help what the hell is going on DOES MY BOYFRIEND STILL LIKE ME)

Staring at them both a little pitifully, (he couldn't help himself) Magnus supposed the girl was pretty, if you went for that "brown hair, green eyes and freckles" look.

But Alec drew away, made his way through the store that had come into view (Sephora). Magnus relaxed the tiniest bit. Perhaps they'd once been friends and Alec was just having a bit of a play with her. He padded along discreetly behind Alec, his brain still a jumble of confused thoughts.

When he looked up again, his heart stuttered and he pinned back his ears and bared his teeth. Alec was flirting with another girl (strawberry blonde, blue eyes, kickass earrings).

At this point he was just 60% confused, 30% angry, 10% glitter and 100% awesome.

(Yeah, that's right. He was 200%, because he was Magnus Bane.)

He drew back, mind whirling, and seconds later saw Alec with yet another girl. This one was black haired (with blue tips), brown eyed and totally uninterested in Alec.

He hissed, but neither of them seemed to hear or see the little indignant cat scraping at the ground with its little pointed claws and flattened furry ears.

Magnus was close enough to hear her say, "I'm a feminist. Also, single. Unless you count my trusty beach ball."

Which meant he was close enough to hear Alec snort.

Welp, Alec had made a new friend.

But honestly, what the hell had he just seen? What was this? It was like Alec was a new person. One that Magnus did not really like at all.

-

"Magnus?" Alec knocked on his door.

"WHO DARES TO DISTURB THE HIGH WARLOCK AT WORK?"

Silence.

And then came,

"Seriously, if you are Jehovah's Witnesses . . ."