XXIII

"Why is it that I have yet to have met your parents? Are they away at the moment?" Asks Moon to Ciel.

"They are dead."
Says Ciel sipping his black tea.

Moon's eyes grow wide
"My condolences." She reply's quietly.

Currently, everyone is around the table eating breakfast.

"More tea master?" Asks Sebastian.

"Yes"  replies Ciel

"Ladies, tonight I would like you to accompany me to a dinner held in my honour hosted by her lady Victoria, the queen herself."

Moon's eyes quickly light up
"I will be going to visit a royal? Oh my! What shall I wear?"

"Thank you for the invitation." Says Lapis quietly as she eats her besara.

What is Ciel planning this time? I know for a fact this is not just a dinner. There is always some type of underlying mission.
Furthermore, we most certainly were not invited just out of curtesy. I know how Ciel thinks, we are nothing besides mere tools to him and he cannot wait to get his little, prepubescent hands on us.

I am quite anxious as a mission can take days to complete, and I need to be away from my sisters as soon as possible.
Moreover, I shan't forget that my sisters have yet to have discovered who Sebastian truly is. This entire situation is a disaster waiting to happen.

After breakfast...

Currently, I am in the study reading a book whilst Sebastian is cleaning.

Ordinarily, if he was cleaning at his supernatural speed, he would have completed this room within a minute. Although, I noticed that he had slowed down to a human pace in order to chat with me.

"Have you thought of the favour you want me to complete for you as yet?"

"Yes, I  have. Although, I will not tell you as yet. I am waiting for the perfect moment...Also, I enjoy holding it over you and making you wonder of the terrible things I will make you do."

"My my, how diabolical, who has become the demon now?"

I put down the book I was reading and begin looking through the grand mahogany shelves in search of a new one. Previously, I was reading a book on flowers. Although, I knew just about all the information inside the book already.
My eye catches a book with a bright yellow and gold spine titled "mythical beings." I take the erudite tome down from the shelf and open it. I casually flip to a page with the title "death gypsies."

My mind turns blank as I stare at the words.

"May I ask why it is that you wanted to so desperately escape your sisters?" Asks Sebastian breaking me from my dazed state.

"Well, it is quite a long story."

Sebastian puts down his feather duster and looks at me intently indicating that he is ready and waiting to listen.

I sigh

"It all began 4 years ago, in Egypt..."