FIFTY EIGHT - HUIYIN.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

huiyin's pov.

as i recliner in a uncomfortable leather seat, i held jongho's healthy hand as he slept peacefully in the hospital room. i yawned due to sleep deprivation, for i had been sleeping in this room for two days now.

it was all my fault. jongho would've never had to catch any baseball if it weren't for me being in the way.

it made my heart ache over and over everytime i was reminded of it.

i glanced at his thick white cast on his right hand, sighing. jongho had shattered two of his metacarpal bones and one carpal due to the frighteningly fast speed the baseball hit him at.

the doctors had to give him lots of pain meds to calm him down. he couldn't sleep without them having to use force. i felt so bad that i couldn't sleep either.

"jongho-ah... how are you feeling?" i whispered, knowing he couldn't hear me. "you get to leave tomorrow, so that's good."

i put my head down and sighed, "i'm sorry, jongho... and i love—"

jongho's eyes fluttered open, and i panicked. i shut up instantly, slipping my hand out of his shyly. i hoped he didn't notice. jongho looked right then left as he rubbed his eyes to see clearer.

"huiyin? you're here again?" he asked as he smiled.

i nodded, "hey, are you feeling any better?"

"i'm fine. how are you, though?" he asked. "you don't have to stay if you don't want."

"no, i want to stay. and... i'm okay, too."

jongho took a sip of his water bottle and sighed, "don't worry about me. you look tired."

"i'm okay..." i told him with a nod. the last thing i would want him to do is worry about me.

jongho smiled as he said, "you know what would make me feel better?"

"hm?"

"one of your desserts." he chuckled. "seriously, i'm so hungry."

i giggled too and told him, "the nurse said you can't eat until lunch. sorry,"

"huiyin, for real, i'm worried about you. i don't want you to do this to yourself. my best friends and parents aren't even staying, i'll be okay if you need to go." he told me with a crooked smile.

i shook my head, "i'm sorry getting you hurt."

"i told you, it's not your fault." he cracked a smile. "but it'd do it again in a heartbeat for you."

i put my face down and sighed happily, "sorry."

"don't be. you can always repay me." he shrugged as he laid back in his bed. he sounded confident. was this a new jongho?

"how? i'll do it!" i frantically said.

he chuckled and lifted his good hand up to my cheek. jongho caressed my cheek before pulling me forwards until i was leaned over his bed.

"you pick."

i pursed my lips and looked into his eyes. i took a deep breath then quickly went forward to peck his cheek. my lips touched his soft cheek, and the feeling was amazing. jongho giggled.

"like that." i said quietly. jongho chuckled and touched his own cheek. i'd never seem him look so happy.

i stood up, cutting jongho off from whatever he was gonna say, "i, um, i'm going to the bathroom. see you."

i waved before dashing out the hospital with red hot cheeks.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

aye