FIFTY FOUR - HUIYIN.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

huiyin's pov.

is it too early? is it weird for me to be doing this? what will he say? am i ready? is today the right day to confess...?

all of this nonsense drifted around in my head as i walked towards the gate of school when everyone was clearing out. my hands were clenched nervously around a pie tin with jongho's favorite inside: apple pie.

as soon as jongho appeared, i fixed my hair and made sure to smile a lot.

"hi, jongho!!"

he waved and said, "hey. you made apple pie? let's go eat!"

i nodded and followed him around campus. he led me to the school's baseball field where after school practice was being held. we sat on a picnic table as i opened the lid of the tin, the delicious scent of apples and cinnamon seeping out.

jongho took the first bite and nodded approvingly. he gave me a high five as he said, "how long have you been baking? this is good!"

"i guess my whole life.." i was smiling and blushing, looking off into space.

"something on your mind?" he asked. i sat up quickly and put on a grin.

"well, actually, the reason i—"

i noticed jongho wasn't looking at me anymore. he stared somewhere into the sky. he suddenly stood up and ran to my side of my table, worrying me.

"watch out!!!" jongho shouted.

i didn't know what on earth was happening, so i put my hands over my head and shut my eyes tight, yelping  softly. i heard some sort of hollow snap - like a stick breaking - followed by a thud, but it didn't hurt me.

first, i opened one eye, scanning around. when i looked fully around, jongho bit his lip in pain.

"agh," he whimpered and instantly dropped on both knees, a baseball rolling off to his side.

i covered my mouth and gasped at the realization of what just happened: jongo, injuring his hand, interfered a rogue baseball, and it was to save me. i instantly got onto the ground beside him and tried to comfort him.

"jongho, do i need to call an ambulance??"

i very gently held his wrist and stared at his reddish-purplish hand, watching us swell slowly. i bit my lip in panic.

jongho was breathing hard. a tear dropped onto my lap from his eye, and my heart shattered. he could barely say through deep breaths, "i think... it's... broken..."

i seemed to be more worried than him, shaking and worrying and all about it. seeing jongho cry is the most rare thing ever, and it was so sad. i hugged jongho, since that was the only thing i was useful for, and dialed the ambulance over his shoulder...

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

yikes this made me sAd to
write like just imagine jongho
crying i would actually die

heavily inspired by sf9's k-
drama, click your heart <3