F I V E

Estrella woke up to morning after being threatened at gunpoint,  hungover and sore as hell. Beside her sweet pea snores in her ear, large body sprawled across the bed with their long limbs tangled together over the sheets.

ripping the blankets off her pajama covered legs, Estrella climbs out of bed. "Sweetie, get up!" She groans before last nights snacks come back to haunt her.

Sweet pea doesn't stir as She leaps across the room for the small bathroom in the hallway. Everything comes up, the case of mike's hard, the half a bottle of Smirnoff drank doing shots with pea and the dozen eatables fangs had stashed in his pocket that made the trio forget their own names.

Estrella leans back against the cool wall of the bathroom. Hangovers are a bitch She declares to herself.

"Sweetie!" She moans loudly, arching her back off the floor. He doesn't answer. Estrella moans again, crawling to her feet. She flushes the toilet, washes out her mouth with what looks like mouthwash, it didn't taste like it. And then gets dressed, pulling on sweet pea's favorite red flannel, her leather jacket, then his jean jacket, the double headed serpent standing proud between her shoulder blades.

Estrella jumps into her car, driving to pop's diner as her dash clock chirps five AM. She knew she was up way too early for this.

"Morning Estrella. Usual?" Pop greets happily as the bell chimes over my head.

"Not today. I need two hangover specials, the largest container of onion rings you can give me and a pot of black coffee." Estrella slumps onto a bar stool.

"Rough night?" Pop asks with a chuckle as he begins pulling together her order.

"I think I got run over by a couple trucks then got dragged for good measure." Estrella rests her head on her arm, closing her eyes for a moment while she waits.

—————

"Stella?" Jughead prods Estella's shoulder.

He had come in for a coffee and some quiet but found her asleep at the counter, while pop Tate didn't look surprised.

Estrella waves Jughead off, burying her face into her elbow.

"She's been there for about three hours now." Pop informs Jughead, wiping the counter around her for no good reason. He had nothing to do, the morning rush was already gone.

Estrella glances up from her arm, eyes squinted, the remains of her makeup darkening under her eyes. "Hey Juggie!" She drags out her greeting before curling back up.

"I'll call sweet pea to come pick her up. How much was her tab?" Jughead turns to pop leaving Estrella to sleep on the table.

——————

"Watch her head!"

Estrella jerks as her head bounces off the door frame of pops diner. That wasn't the wake up she was expecting.

"Ouch! Watch it butt munch." Estrella seethes reaching up to rub her head. Her whole body shakes as sweet pea laughs. Too slowly Estrella becomes aware of her surroundings.

"Don't fall asleep in diners and I won't have to carry you into the parking lot at ten AM." Sweet pea answers.

Once again estrella squints at her surroundings. She was in the parking lot of pop's, a large bag of food resting on stomach stomach and her body being cradled by sweet pea, being hovered over by Toni.

"Hey baby cakes!" Estrella waves to Toni before sliding out of sweet pea's grip, tripping him in the process.

"How high are you?" Toni answers raising a well manicured eyebrow.