F O U R

"You fractured your cheek bone. We need you in one piece-" Kailyn starts as Estrella binds her skates.

"If I wanted to hear this Kailyn I would go talk to sweet pea. I'm not in the mood for a lecture." She snarls double checking her elbow guards.

Kailyn sighs dropping onto the bench to pull on her knee guards. "Fine. But he's just worried about you; with the Ghoulies down our back I understand why you won't tell him about this place but one day this second life is going to bite you in the ass and I don't want to be the one to say 'I told you so'."

Estrella skates out of the rink, ignoring kailyn. Most of the girls are already out, starting to practice. Racing laps and blocking each other in a mock run of the game.

"Lady!" One of the younger girls squeals happily bouncing onto her toe stops.

Estrella flashes the girl a bright pained smile before turning to address the girls. "Let's play some roller derby."

————————

Three hours later Estrella is sweaty, more bruised, and exhausted. Thanks to her zen baby She would no longer able to wear skirts for the next few weeks. It wasn't like she should, being almost winter but still, She liked tease sweet pea.

Driving out of greendale Estrella didn't want to head back to her trailer, she and sweet pea butt heads often, it's just who they are and now was one of those times. He snapped, she tried to ignore, they stopped speaking for a few days then he'd show up at Estrella's trailer with a cheesy smile on his face and have forgotten what they butted heads over.

She just had to wait so right now She needed a snack and an alcoholic malt.

The cruise back into Riverdale is quiet, the dusk setting in earlier than normal. A chill runs down Estrella's spine. The black hood is out there somewhere, watching for someone to slip up. There was a murder in greendale the night of the high roller showdown with the Midvale maidens. Some teacher that used to teach at Riverdale High. Everyone said it's wasn't connected but Estrella could recall Jughead telling her about the teachers rather scandalous past times with Archibald Andrews.

Estrella pull up to the corner store, favored by Fangs, Toni, and sweet pea without hesitation. It was their favored shop and she loved it.

Estrella quickly jog inside nodding to the cashier rob, She'd known him for years. But to her surprise, there before her stood Fangs, Sweet pea and a handful of other younger serpents. They were supposed to be at the quarry tonight.

"Stella!" Fangs calls cheerfully, dragging out her nickname.

"Fogarty! Shut up!" She calls back with the same cheerful hoot.

Sweet pea turns to Estrella, swaggering over to drop an arm around her shoulders. Estrella sags under the pain but he doesn't notice. "We're heading to the quarry. Coming?" He whispers leading Estrella back into the snack aisle.

"Sounds good pea, but I'm not up for a huge serpent party tonight." She answers ducking under his large arm to grab the party size bag of smart food popcorn.

"Ester, don't be like this. I just don't want to see anything happen to you. I dropped my jean jacket off at your trailer, please just wear it for a little while." Sweetie reasons softly, occasionally glancing over the racks to make sure his friends aren't eavesdropping on sweet pea living up to his serpent name.

"I get it sweetie, but you need to lay off. You're showing your belly, snake." She jokes, before dipping past him to grab a bottle of mike's hard black cherry lemonade.

Sweet pea snorts grabbing a bottle of Smirnoff before leading Estrella back to the guys. The seven pay for their stuff and exit the shop round the corner towards Estrella's car, being loud and rowdy but Estrella pauses, forcing sweet pea to stop behind her.

At the end of the street is a boy, dark hood over his head and a can of spray paint in his hands.

"Hey!" Sweet pea shouts marching towards the boy with the serpents backing him. The other serpent boys follow leaving Estrella behind.

The boy turns, revealing himself to be the unhinged broken Andrews boy. Estrella's heart clings to her ribs as she jogs for sweet pea.

The two are at each others throats in front of the red circle Archie was painting on the side of the building. "-then who's this message for? The black hood?"

"Just get out of here, my fights not with you." Archie growls back threatening sweet pea.

Estrella clenches her fists around sweet pea's brass knuckles she stole from him the day she borrowed his jacket to check on Jughead. She took them to prevent any more serious fights for a little while. She possessed several pairs now because he never bothered to look for them he went and got a new pair.

Sweet pea draws his switch blade in a menacing way, leaning closer to Andrews and now Estrella knew it was time to step in.

"That's enough! Sweet pea, back off. Andrews-" Estrella jump in between them, a fist on sweet pea's broad chest to keep him at bay before turning to Archie but her tongue grows heavy in her mouth as he draws a gun. Standing in front of sweet pea, Estrella is now a target.

"Whoa! Whoa!" She shouts being dragged away from Archie by sweet pea who looks just as terrified as She felt.

The serpents back off, each diving in small groups towards other vehicles. Fangs and pea dive into the Plymouth as Dominique fumbles for her keys.

"Get in the car!" Sweet pea demands yanking her roughly by the jacket into the car. hightailing it out on to the road, Estrellas head pounds, adrenaline making her quake. The dizziness making it hard to breathe.

Beside her sweet pea pants, one large ring clad hand pressed to the dashboard while Fangs hangs between the front seats from the back. Looking pale and sickly.

"Fogarty if you hurl in my car I'm going to make you pay for detailing," Estrella snarls, he doesn't look up from the console, eyes vacant and distant. "Are you boys okay?" No one answers Estrella's breathless question.

"Are you okay?" She turns sharply to look at both of them.

"Yes! Yeah. We're okay." Sweet pea answers loudly. His mind reeling with anger. Archibald Andrews drew the gun after Estrella stepped in front of them. He was a dead man in sweet pea's dark chocolate eyes now.

"Not a word of this to anyone. That shit was insane and I'm going to go talk to his dad tomorrow. Do you boys understand me? I don't want this shit to at out of hand or someone's going to end up in the hospital." Estrella snarls again daring to look away from the road to point at each of them.

"We understand." Sweet pea growls. Little did Estrella know he had found a loop hole of his own. He never said anything to the serpents the next day, but he didn't have to. They were already in agreement. Archie Andrews threatened a serpent, sweet pea's serpent and he was going to pay.