Her nails cut little circles into the skin of her palms. She knew what she had to do. She knew it was right. It was fair. It was truth. Chekov's number was still the same. The walls of the phone booth almost closed in on her when his voice answered.
One word- "Alexandria."

She shook her head and she was back on the bench in the train station at three o'clock in the morning. She gave it until at least five or six. Oliver was usually up by then and he would notice the Pippin-sized absence on the couch. She wondered what he would do or say. He'd probably clench his jaw. Felicity's eyes would probably well up. She wasn't sure what Barry would do.

A train was coming. She could hear it rattling in the distance. It didn't take too much imagination to figure out who it could be. Her stomach jumped into her throat and all she could do was swallow it back down.
It was the right thing to do.
Her legs propped her up, next to the pink suitcase and in front of the bench.
Mustn't make him wait.

The train screeched to an excruciatingly slow halt, the cars passing her by. Until one stopped in front of her. A hiss escaped the train and it lurched. One minute passed. Then the door opened.
It was the right thing to do.
Ice-cold eyes.

"I didn't think you would come." He looked out of place, his designer suit clashing against the grimy subway seat that he currently occupied.
"I keep my word."

An amused smile darted across his face before he shrugged and stood. "As do I."
In the middle of evil, Pippin was more than relieved to find an angel.
"You didn't have to hurt him." She shoved the suitcase handle in Chekov's direction before kneeling down by Henry's side.

Blood caked the side of his head from a nasty cut running down his hairline. Henry jerked his head towards her when she entered his line of sight. Confusion swam in his eyes and when she looked in them, she could see Barry. They had the same emotions lurking underneath. Goodness. She wondered what people saw when they looked into hers.

"What are you doing?" Henry's voice cracked a few times through the question, his head swiveling with her movements as she un-tied him. The rope had cut into his wrists.

'The right thing' she wanted to say, but all she did was crack a small smile.
"Sorry I don't have any band-aids, Henry." She chose to ignore Chekov's snort of disbelief.

"Don't do this, Pippin."

The tiniest part of her hoped that this was a dream. That she would wake up and Barry would be right next to her. That Henry wouldn't be exhausted and beat up in front of her. That the devil wouldn't be sitting in a subway seat only a few feet away from her. The majority of her forced a smile.
"Bye, Henry."

The train doors closed as soon as Henry was escorted out.

"Good choice." Chekov stood up and out of the corner of her eye, she saw him. His fingers still wrapped around her suitcase.
"I'm not doing it for you." She needed to clarify that, emphasizing her words with a glare his way.
"I know."

The silence was enough to kill her, the only thing grounding her was her fingers wrapped tightly around each other. The train rattled on as the world passed by, same as always. She half-expected the entire world to come crashing down around them. Hers was. But everything was the same. The sun was still on the verge of rising, the train still rumbled on, and Chekov still kept that disgusting smile pasted across his face.

"I hope not to be disappointed on your end." She always seemed the first to cave when it came to him. Weak. His smile deepened and he let out a small chuckle as if he agreed with her thoughts.

"You won't. I always keep my promises, Alexandria." He tilted his head to the side, his eyes taking their time as they swept across her face. She wanted to take a shower after, with scalding hot water so she could burn his gaze out of her mind. "Like my promise to find you."