"I- no. No I'm not."
"Did you get in contact with any member of her family?"
"No, sir. I couldn't."

The doctor exhaled a harsh sigh, shaking his head disapprovingly. "Technically, you wouldn't be allowed to see the patient."

"Could you at least tell me if she's alright or not?!" Jisung began losing his temper, raising his voice.

The man cleared his throat, slightly taken aback, before responding. "The patient is in stable condition. There's no need for concern."

A mutual sigh of relief came from all of the guys, even Donghyuck who had still remained further away.

"I know that this is against hospital policy, but could we please see her? We want to see for ourselves." Mark asked hopefully.

The doctor seemed to be debating the request in his mind, but finally gave in.

"Fine. But please don't disrupt the patient, and don't awake her. She's supposed to be resting." He muttered, and the boys unanimously smiled.

"Thank you so much." Jisung exclaimed quickly before running in through the hospital door and into the room. 

It was very basic, yet comfortable looking. In the middle of course was a big one-person bed. At the far end, beside the huge window, was a small couch along with a coffee table. The floor was made of light wooden planks, and the walls were a soft white.

Jisung immediately reached the bed side, looking down.

The girl seemed to be in deep sleep, face resting into a relaxed expression. Except a small bruise on her jaw, she seemed to be perfectly fine. Her attire had been exchanged for a neat hospital gown, she had been cleaned up and tucked comfortably under the hospital sheets.

The rest of the guys flooded in, also crowding around the bed.

"Thank god, she seems fine." Jaemin exclaimed happily. "At least she won't be suing you guys."

"Shut up, Jaemin, not the situation to be joking around." Jeno smacked him lightly on the arm.

"Sorry, sorry, just tryna lift the mood a little." 

"Should we wait for her to wake up? The doctor said we can't do that ourselves, and it'd be kind of rude to leave her alone in here." Mark hummed.

Everyone agreed, eventually getting seated comfortably and trying to keep their voices down as they began talking. But Jisung mostly stayed out of the discussions, having taken a seat right beside Haeun whilst staring at her.

To him, she looked angelic. Somehow watching her peaceful, comfortable sleeping face made him feel happy and warm inside. Haeun had always been beautiful to him, but not as much as he found her to be now.

Jisung also felt like he'd under-appreciated the girl for a long time. He should've been nicer to her. He should've tried to resolve their misunderstandings, not stayed away from them like a coward. Haeun had came in between him and Donghyuck, knowing that potentially she'd get hurt. All for him.

"Hey Jisung? Jisung!" The boy was brought out of his trance and he whipped his head to the side to find his friends staring at him.

"Huh?"
"Damn are you deaf or something- we wanted to ask you something." Chenle sat back comfortably on the couch.

"What?" Jisung's brows furrowed. 

"What exactly happened between the three of you? This situation isn't exactly... normal." Jeno was careful with his choice of wording, not trying to come off as too pressuring.