Advent Event - Kol Mikaelson and "Bridges" by Aisha Badru

We were worlds apart
So I fell from the stars

"O, come on!" Kol raised his voice and grabbed both your shoulders. "I'm doing something selfless. For once in my life I'm doing something selfless." He shook you, but you didn't blink, didn't flinch, didn't look away from him. "Why can't you just leave this place and find somewhere where you can be truly happy, without almost ending up dead every week."

You rolled your eyes and gathered all the calm you could find within you. "Maybe almost ending up dead every week is worth it? Maybe I just want to love you? Maybe I just don't mind what my future brings, as long as I can spend the rest of my life with you?"

Kol let you go again and he buried his hands in his messy hair. "It's not worth it! Do you have any idea what I've done? What I'm capable of? What my mother made me? And who I turned into because of my lunatic brother?"

"I know what you are and who you are, Kol. I fell in love with you anyway. That's not all of a sudden going to change. I don't think it will ever change again."

There'll be oceans of us to tread
There'll be bridges for us to mend

Kol closed his eyes. "Do you know what's waiting for us if we're gonna do this? If we're gonna be together for the rest of our lives? For eternity?" He shook his head. "Countless of enemies. If I haven't made them myself, Klaus made them. It's hard to keep track of all my own crimes, let alone also the ones Klaus committed."

"You're an original vampire. You'll survive and you can protect me."

"And what if I can't?" Kol raised his voice. "I've never felt like this before! You're the sun in an awful lot of darkness. If anything happens to you, I'll never ever forgive myself."

A grin spread across your face. "You're getting soft there, Kol Mikaelson. And here I thought you'd assured me that love was only for the weak and the human."

"It's not funny! I'm not joking! This is not a joke!" Kol threw his head in his neck. "You have no idea how much all of this scares me."

"I do, Kol." You nodded and carefully and slowly you walked towards him. "It's a nice thing that you're immortal, because I can't imagine life without you anymore either. But that's exactly what you're condemning me to." You reached for his hands and held them firmly.

But I'll stick to it
Oh, I swear

"If you love me. If you really love me, don't let me go." You shook your head and stepped closer and closer, until your nose almost brushed his.

Kol bent his head and closed his eyes. "I have to let you go because I love you." He whispered, but you pulled him back when he attempted to step away.

On the tips of your toes you leaned towards him and pressed a soft kiss on his cheek. "I'm not going. I'm really not going anywhere. You can push me away, you can scream at me, you can warn me that my life will be short lived. But I'm not going."

Kol kept silent for a moment. He didn't move. He even forgot to breath and then he wrapped his arms around you and kissed your lips.

You knew you had not won the argument forever. But you had at least won it for now.