Request - Kol Mikaelson "Headache" (Sequel)

Sequel to: Long Lost Lover (August 2016), "An Awful Lot of Darkness", "A few steps too far", "What is this feeling?" and "Drowning Worries"

Kol groaned when the morning sun peeked through the curtains in front of his window. All the muscles in his body felt soar and it felt like someone with a hammer was trying to find a way out of his head. He turned around and grabbed his pillow to place it over his head and ears.

"Kol Mikaelson!" You raised your voice while you threw the door of his bedroom open. With a loud bang the wooden door hit the stone wall and Kol groaned even louder.

"I'm not awake yet..." He murmured. Even if he would have been awake, he wouldn't have wanted you to see him like this. "Can you just go away now, please?" He turned around again and he curled himself up, even though that was not that easy with his new and tall body.

"No, I'm not going anywhere." You sat down in the edge of his bed and you placed a hand on his shoulder. "You killed an entire square full of people and drowned your guilt in alcohol. You can't expect me to baby you today because your human body can't handle the amount of beer you drunk."

Kol pushed himself up, already regretting opening his eyes the moment the hammering in his head only worsened. "Shouldn't you be bothering your new boyfriend?" He squeezed his eyes and he leaned on his hands. Even though he actually liked his new body and the lack of heightened senses, he had never experienced a hangover before and was not exactly pleased with how that felt.

"My new boyfriend didn't kill an entire square filled with people. My new boyfriend didn't drink himself alcohol poisoning." You crossed your arms over your chest and cocked your head. "My new boyfriend is a responsible, respectable business man who has much healthier ways to channel his emotions."

"Are you here to make me feel even more miserable, because that won't help me to get better coping mechanisms." Kol laid down again and he placed his hands under his head. "You're lucky that I'm human now. I at least have the not heightened versions of all those emotions these days." He hissed between his teeth. "And I know I don't stand a bloody chance when I would try to kill you."

"Would you really want that?" Your voice sounded a lot softer and a lot more understanding now. "Do you hate it so much that I'm with Lucien now that you would want to kill me?"

"I might have thought about it, yes." Kol closed his eyes again and he took a few deep breaths. "I know I would end up regretting it, so I killed all those people on the square. I've killed entire villages before and I've never cared one bit about any of them." He felt the tears burning in his eyes. "Just like no one ever cared one bit about me."

"Kol, I..." You wanted to interrupt him, but Kol placed a hand on your arm and shook his head.

"Don't say that you do care. Please, don't say it." Kol shook his head and he quickly wiped the tear that escaped his eye away, hoping you had not seen it. "That's what my family says all the damn time and they don't mean a word of it." Kol turned to his side to avoid your staring glance. "When I died no one mourned me. When I broke up with you you moved on with the first charming vampire that came into your life."

"That doesn't..."

"IT DOES! Don't you get it? You all think you care, but no one cares the way I want them to care! I'm never put first. I'm always second or third or fourth or fifth or tenth."

You stood up and stumbled over your own feet while you walked backwards towards the door.

"You have Lucien and you love him. Don't tell me you give a damn about me. You've lived years without me and everything was fine." He looked over his shoulder while you bent your head and leaned against the doorpost. "I want someone to kill an entire square full of people because of me." He whispered. "But no one ever did and no one ever will."