Request - Kol Mikaelson "A few steps too far" (Sequel)

Sequel to: Long Lost Lover (August 2016) and "An Awful Lot of Darkness"

"Kol!" Klaus' screaming voice echoed through the church. "Kol!" He screamed again, his feet gracefully and almost soundlessly making their way through the aisle.

Kol tried not to breath, tried not not move and if it would have been possible to make his heart stop beating he would have done so. He knew what was coming. He knew what Klaus was going to say. He was very well aware of what he had done and what this meant for his entire family.

"Here you are." A strong hand grasped the back of Kol's shirt and without putting much effort into it Klaus lifted Kol's human body of the cold floor. "I assume the mess on that square is your work?" Klaus raised his eyebrows a little and Kol bent his head.

"You of all people should be able to understand, Nic." Kol lifted his chin up and he stared straight into his brother's eyes. "But of course you don't. No one ever tries to understand me. We all have to understand your pathetic motives behind mass murdering, but as soon as someone else in the family loses control you are there to tell them you're not ready to move yet."

Klaus frowned his eyebrows for a moment and then he threw his brother against one of the strong stone walls.

Kol's backbone cracked and he could feel the headache coming up. "Did I just make you angry, Nic?" He pushed himself up while blood streamed down his face. "You can't deny that I'm teling the truth here, can you?" Kol cocked his head and once again he lifted his arm up.

"This city is my home!" Klaus threw his head in his neck and he rushed towards the witch body his younger sibling was trapped in. He curled his fingers around Kol's wrist and broke all bones with one smooth movement. "I am not gonna let you take that away from me."

Kol moaned, groaned. The pain of his broken heart intertwined with the pain of his broken hand. The anger filled his veins and he hissed between his teeth. "And how many times did you take something away from me, Nic?" He breathed in and out and the vein in his neck was beating steadily. "Isn't this whole mess actually your fault?" Kol bit his lip and ignored the taste of blood in his mouth. "You made me leave (Y/N), you created Lucien Castle, you shaped the conditions to their happily ever after, you invited them over for a family dinner while you knew very well how important she was!"

Klaus shook his head and once again he walked towards his little brother. His hand grabbed the fabric of Kol's shirt and he lifted the younger witch up until their noses almost touched. "Easy, isn't it? To blame others for the mistakes we make?" He spoke softly and he cocked his head a little. "Let me tell you something I've learned while you were rotting in hell." He paused for an awfully long moment. "The girls we want and need don't fall for our darkness. They fall for our potential to be good."