Kol Mikaelson - "Just smile, I really need to see you smile right now."

"Kol?" You swallowed and squeezed your eyes while you stared at the man in front of you. You recognized his eyes and the smirk on his lips, but his face and clothes were covered in blood. "Are you okay?" You had to admit that you were a slight bit scared, especially because that grin only brightened after your question.

"I'm excellent, Darling! I was just trying out my outfit for Halloween. Don't you like it?" He twirled around. "No? Damn it, and here I thought that everything looked good on me, even loads of fake blood."

"Enough with the sass, Kol." You crossed your arms over your chest and made sure there was enough distance between you and him. "Not only is it only June and way too early to pick out Halloween-outfits, even for you. I also do see the difference between fake and real blood." You pointed at his shirt and face. "And that, Kol, is not fake blood."

Kol took a deep breath and the smile was finally fading. "I don't want you to be scared of me, okay? But..." He hesitated for a moment and with his hands up he walked towards you. "There is quite a lot I haven't told you about me and maybe..." He swallowed. "Maybe we need to talk."

"Okay, but..." You licked your lips and shifted your weight from one leg to the other. "Maybe you should take a shower first?" You felt a shiver rolling down your spine and your heart hammered in your chest.

"Well, of course." Kol smiled again and he shrugged his shoulders. "I could pick you up at seven for dinner? I mean, why wouldn't we turn this entirely serious conversation into a nice dinner date where you and I simply get to know each other a little better?" He hid his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"I don't know if..." You stopped in the middle of your sentence. "Maybe we should..." You hesitated for a moment and took a deep breath. "We could also..." You paused and avoided his glance, his enchanting brown eyes, his charming smile.

"Don't argue, just do it." Kol placed his hands on your shoulders and you didn't dare to look if they were as bloodied as the rest of his body. "I promise that you won't regret it and I promise that I'm still, and will always be, the same Kol. Just with this one side that causes me to be covered in blood sometimes, but I promise it's nothing bad."

You wanted to believe him. You really wanted to believe him. You wanted to believe him, because if you wouldn't believe him, it meant that whatever there had been between you and Kol would be over. "Fine, you can pick me up at seven."

"Perfect!" Kol smiled and he stepped back, cocking his head slightly while he let his eyes wander over you. "But you can sound a little happier while accepting my irresistible offer to share another wonderful night with me." He pouted when the expression on your face didn't change, when you didn't show any sign of excitement. "Come on, Darling. Just smile! I really need to see you smile right now. Please?" Kol almost begged and eventually you curled your lips up into a slight smile. "Perfect! I will see you tonight." He pecked your cheek and before you could say anything else or change you mind, he was already gone.