Kol Mikaelson - "If you had asked me to stay, I would've"

You stared at your phone and at the flickering neon sign above the entrance of the bar. Usually you were not hanging around in these parts of New Orleans, but apparently someone else did and apparently that someone wanted to meet you. After one more deep sigh you pushed the door of the bar open.

"You came!' Kol stood up from his stool and wrapped his arms around your neck before you had even noticed him. He looked miserable. He had not bothered to clean his blooded shirt and it looked like he had not washed himself for days.

"I hope you don't make me regret this..." You pushed him away and took off your jacket before you ordered a glass of wine and sat down next to the original vampire. "I'm not in the mood to end up in another fight and I'm for sure not in the mood to end with your teeth in my neck."

"It won't happen. I swear!" Kol sat down again too and he curled his hands around his glass filled with beer as if he wanted to make sure they had something to do. "I don't want to fight with you and I for sure don't want to kill you." He curled his lips up into a small smile. "I've never wanted to kill you and the only time I thought about biting you was when he had sex." He winked, but the tension in his muscles, and most of all his shoulders, was still there.

You only rolled your eyes and thanked the bartender when she placed a full glass in front of you. "Why don't you say why you wanted me to come here, so I can decide whether or not to empty this glass in one go or a little slower?"

"I need to talk to you." Kol tightened his grip around his glass. "The last couple of days were horrible. I felt horrible and I don't want to feel like this tomorrow." He shook his head. "I miss you, (Y/N). I didn't realize that I would, but I do."

"One go it is..." You licked your lips and then you emptied the glass of wine all at once. "If I remember correctly, you were the one throwing me out of your life and not the other way round. You were the one rambling something about me not putting you first and me not wanting to bend over backwards to do whatever the hell you wanted. I remember that you were the one telling me that whatever there was between us wasn't going to work."

"I didn't mean all those things." Kol bent his head and he stared at the reflection of the light in his glass or who knew what else his vampire eyes could see that you didn't. "I was angry with the entire world after that fight with Klaus, but I shouldn't have taken it out on you."

"Why did you need days to realize that, Kol?" You spoke softly and took a deep breath while you asked the bartender for a refill. "Why didn't you say sorry right away? Why didn't you tell me right away that you weren't angry with me?" You paused for a moment. "If you had asked me to stay, I would've."

"I'm an original vampire and yet I have so little experience with romance." Kol shook his head. "Can you teach me how to do this?" He looked at you and his eyes met yours. "Can you teach me how to be a better boyfriend? Can you give me another chance, please?"

You took a deep breath and then you closed your eyes and nodded. "Fine, one more chance and loads of lessons it is then."

"Thanks..." Kol took a sip of his beer. "Can I stay at your place for a while? I swear I'll go nuts if I have to spend one more day in my family's mansion."

You couldn't help smiling a little. "So, you're just making up with me so you can escape your family's house?"

"No." Kol wrapped an arm around your shoulder and pressed a soft kiss to your lips. "Not just because of that."