"Gosh, Jolie," she said, eyes on her phone and swiping rhythmically. "You must get exhausted with all these stories appearing about you."

I peered over her shoulder and shrugged. "Don't really look at them," I admitted. "What're they saying?"

"Well, there's speculation about who you are.." a few swipes. "An inside source has said you go to Attwood with us and there's speculation..." a few swipes more. "That you're heiress to a huge banking empire, others say you're a business associate of Archer's."

"Riveting," I drawled, head lolling back on a yawn. "I don't know how you have the energy to look through all that stuff."

"I don't usually," she said, turning her phone off. "It's just a little refreshing to have it about someone else for a change." She grinned. I rolled my eyes with a laugh, almost choking when I caught sight of the plane taking us to France.

"Holy shit."

***

The excitement of it all must really have got to me because sat on one of the plush seats of the aircraft, I found my eyelids feeling like lead and convincing myself I would rest for five minutes. I jolted awake when I felt someone shake me.

"We're here, sleeping beauty," Autumn cooed, jiggling my shoulder. I tried to tame the bird nest now displaying itself on my head and got up, thanking Noah as he offered me a hand down.

Once at the bottom of the dozen steps, I took in a breath of air, heading the twins bickering behind me.

The wind was a little biting, but I didn't mind it, enjoying the change from a rather stuffy few hour plane journey.

"You should be used to it," Autumn was saying. "We've been living together for eighteen years. We know each other inside out." Her eyes flickered over to me, voice level. "We couldn't hide anything from each other, could we?"

Archer held his brow and sighed deeply. With a glance of his watch, he said, "Come on, lets just get there on time for once, shall we?"

"Yes, we shall," she said, rolling her eyes.

Noah made a face. "Alright I'll take her in this one. We'll see you in a bit," he said, making the educated decision to separate them, noticing each of their patience's thinning with one another.

"In a bit," I said, hastily following Archer to his own car, fearing quite rightly that if I didn't, he's leave me behind.

I climbed into the land rover and didn't complain as he flicked on the heated seats.

We'd been driving for about ten minutes, now on the motorway when the already tense atmosphere was heightened. And it wasn't my fault, for once.

God, I'm trapped. I thought. No where to run.

No escape.

"Why didn't you tell me your mum was ill?"