The Dae Before Tomorrow

Start from the beginning

He sighs and says, "Just ask him to get here." Arthit starts preparing their food; he turns to Dae and asks if he's already eaten.

Dae shakes his head, fishing his phone from his pocket, "Not yet, P'. I was waiting for P'Kong to get back."

Arthit raises a brow. Since when did this guy start calling my boyfriend casually?

"Well, help yourself," he gestures to the iced coffee, "I bought us food."

"Thanks, P'." Dae says softly. "But I'll wait for P'Kong to be back if that's okay."

No it isn't.

Great, now he wants to join us for dinner as well, he thinks.

Arhit doesn't bare any ill will towards Dae - well . . . maybe a little - a tiny bit, but he misses eating with his boyfriend alone, preferably with no other company.

But he guesses this is his life for now. He sighs and nods at Dae thinking whether to take a shower now or later after dinner.

"Would you like to take a shower, P'?" Dae asks, as if reading his mind.

He studies Dae for a while. Their junior seems very eager for unknown reasons and it's making Arthit jittery.

"Maybe later," he mutters.

Dae goes back to the study table and continues writing on his notebook. Arthit watches the guy with curiosity. Dae seems too focused on whatever he's doing chuckling under his breath which makes Arthit thinks that the kid is indeed crazy.

He turns to the doorway when he hears it click. Kongpob enters, his bag slung on his shoulders. His boyfriend smiles widely when he spots Arthit situated on his bed and Arthit returns the smile.

"Welcome home," he says, forgetting they have company, but whatever.

"You're not supposed to be here until tomorrow," Kongpob smiles, walking towards him.

Arthit makes a move of getting out of bed and teases, "I can leave if you don't want me here."

Kong laughs, pushing his shoulders down, "I didn't mean that, P'." His boyfriend shrugs his bag, lifting Arthit's chin with his fingers and grins, "Welcome home, Oon."

He eyes Dae on the side, not wanting to see this fragile side of his, but the kid is silently doodling on his note, not looking at them. For once Arthit is grateful.

"Yeah, yeah," Arthit waves his hand, blushing when Kongpob steals a kiss on his cheeks. "Have you had dinner yet? I bought us some food."

"Not yet, P'," his boyfriend answers. Kongpob shrugs off his maroon jacket and Arthit frowns from the loss. Kongpob in his engineering jacket makes the guy hotter in Arthit's eyes, but he's not about to tell that to his boyfriend.

Kongpob turns to Dae and greets him. Their junior greets back with a shy smile.

Arthit gets up from the bed calling for dinner and the two move on their own with odd synchronization. Dae grabs an extra chair and sits in the middle of the both of them with Arthit sitting across Kongpob.

In the middle of their supper, Kongpob laughs breathily. Arthit raises a brow at his boyfriend, letting Kong swallow his food first.

"I just thought," his boyfriend sips his drink and continues, "This is a great training for when he have our own kid in the future."

Arthit chokes on his egg and coughs. To his side, he can see Dae biting his lips to keep himself from laughing.

So, I'm not the only one thinking like that.