Scent.8

16th September 2084

      I walked along the muddy track with the wet ferns brushing against my jeans.  It was still drizzling, but at least the rain was light and I didn’t mind my clothes turning damp. 

      I just had to get out of the house!  I had to get away from my parents. I had to get away from their quiet talks and their worried glances. I couldn’t stay a prisoner inside my bedroom forever.

      Being inside for too long always gave me a head-ache, even in the dead of winter. Mum could sit in front of the fire, snuggled up with a book for hours.  As much as I shared her love for reading, I had to take regular breaks and go for walks, even if it was in below freezing temperatures.  So being cooped up inside in fall with winter coming, depressed me.  Although it had been raining all day, I just had to get out.

      “I won’t go anywhere near town, I’ll go down to the river.” I snapped at their concern.

      “I’ll come with you.” Dad made a move to stand up from the table.

      “No Dad.” I glared at him.  “I want to be alone.”

      “B - ” Dad started to object.

      “I promise I won’t eat anybody while I’m away!” I rolled my eyes.

      That was it, I was storming off into the woods before my parents knew it…

      I had to walk off this anxiety, this tetchiness, this caged-in feeling.  The bloodlust was making my heart pound so hard it made me shake, even when I was sitting still.  I could smell the blood in my mother’s veins, as I noticed the blue lines under her soft white skin.  I could hear her heart beating.  I could smell her at the end of the driveway when she came home from visiting family or friends.

      I didn’t want to eat my mother, but she reminded me of those delicious townspeople on the other side of the border.  It was driving me insane!  So I thought I could walk off these cravings.

      I walked down to the river and I probably stood there for like two minutes.  However I couldn’t sit and think like I usually liked to do, I had to keep moving…so I turned around and deliberately took the longer way home.

      I was trudging up the muddy path, in the drizzling rain.  The woods were silent, with no bird noise from the trees which dripped the odd raindrop.  Even the frogs were quiet, like everything else.  I started to think that perhaps everything was a little too quiet.  I thought I was alone, but now I wondered?

      I stopped walking as I couldn’t explain it, but I knew I was being watched by the skin on the back of my neck tingling.  I sniffed the quiet air as I could vaguely smell something.  I listened with my keen hearing and I heard the quiet footsteps of something large, stalking me.

      Then I heard it, a faint growl.  I couldn’t see it as it expertly hid, but I sensed that it stopped moving because I had stopped moving.  It was watching me and it was aware that I was aware of its presence.

      “Grrraaaaaaaawwwllll!!!!”

      I barely caught sight of the lightening fast figure leap out, before I felt my feet leave the ground as I went flying through the air…

      … something had just leapt upon me and this something made me land on the ground over five meters away from where I had been walking.  This big strong creature was suddenly a naked man, lying on top and he was doing something to me with his hands.

      It was Declan, he had reverted back to his human shape.  He was unbuttoning my jeans, unzipping them and shoving them halfway down my thighs, which stopped me from moving my legs.  All of this was done so quickly in lightening fast speed, I was barely aware of what was happening.  I didn’t cotton on to what was going on until he started pushing himself inside.