𝐎𝐍𝐄. project zero four

✵ . ˚ ✺ . ・ *。 ✧ ˚ . ⊹ ☽
⌈ 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ⌋
ONE — project 004

 ⊹  ☽       ⌈ 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ⌋           ONE  —  project 004

˚ .・*。༄ IT WAS OBVIOUS THE ARK COULDN'T SURVIVE FOREVER, and it would've been foolish to ignore that. Even before the carbon dioxide scrubbers had even started failing, the council knew they needed a Plan B. 

So, keeping the operation on the down low, the council had sent four missiles to earth, each a year apart. One person aboard with food and water for a week. The rest was up to them. A shiny wristband on their wrists to keep The Ark in the know.

The first three failed. All three dead within their first week on the planet.

But the fourth, Project 0004, had been going steady for 4 years. It was almost poetic.

One singular person had survived on earth for four years, finding their own food and water, and managing to stay ( mostly ) sane in the process.

And now they planned on sending her some company.

The crouched figure of Noah Santiago watched the as the dropship fell to the ground, fire and sparks erupting from every wall. Her perk in the tree, giving her visuals over at least 10 miles out.

And she watched with a smile.

Whoever the hell was in that ship would be dead within days. If the crash doesn't kill them, grounders will. Grounders would never let that many invaders live on their land. She'd barely negotiated her own life with them. And if the grounders didn't kill them, well then they'd kill themselves.

That ship was big enough for at least a hundred people.

Noah had managed survived by going on her own instinct. No one else put in their two cents or seconded hers. That's how she survived.

Whoever they were, it didn't matter. Groups make bad decisions. Bad decisions get you killed.

Noah had been on earth four years. She'd had been on this nightmare of a planet since she was eighteen. The wall full of scratched-in tally marks in her camp said she technically turned 22 last week.

She'd made herself a flower bouquet for her birthday.

"Great idea Noah. Let's go out today. It'll be fun today. You'll catch something today." She mocked herself, knowing the crash would sending any game running for miles. Anything stupid enough to stay wouldn't be worth killing.