||Chapter 3||

(y/n)'s Pov

Elbereth had left you once you reached the doors to the dining hall.

She had informed you earlier that you would be dining with the prince, then you both would set out to town.

The guards opened the oak doors and let you in, bowing as you passed.

The doors shut behind you and you approached the long table.

"Good morning, Legolas." you greeted upon seeing him.

He stood from his seat and guided you to the table, pulling out a chair for you.

He made sure you were well seated before he sat down himself, next to you.

"Good morning, (y/n). I trust you had a good night's rest?" he asked casually, beginning to pile his plate.

You followed and nodded, "Ah yes of course."

The rest of breakfast was mostly filled with small talks about your realm and his.

You soon find yourself at the castle doors, cloaks wrapped around the both your shoulders as the guards opened the doors.

You walked into the town of Mirkwood, fascinated by what they had to offer.

"The Prince has returned!"

"Who is that with the Prince?"

"I have heard of her! She.."

"From Lórien?"

"Yes! She... Wed.."

Those were what your elven ears had picked up.

You suddenly felt nervous, you were to rule this kingdom soon, and you had thought you already made a bad impression.

You felt self-conscious, you felt yourself hold on to Legolas' elbow a little tighter.

Just then an elleth ran infront of you, accidentaly dirtying your white dress.

Multiple gasps came from around you, Legolas turned his head to see what had happened.

Only to notice your stained dress and a small elleth close to tears,

"I-I'm terribly sorry My lady! Please do not send me to the d-dungeons!" she wailed out.

You crouched in front of her—letting go of Legolas and wiped away her tears with a soft smile, "Come little one, do not waste your tears on such a small matter." you cooed.

Legolas watched in amusement as the little elleth wrapped her arms around you, catching you off guard, making you fall on the paved ground.

Your widened eyes suddenly creased as you let out a small laugh,

"Little one, it is alright. I will not have you sent to dungeon. But to tickle town!" you started poking her sides as she squealed, her laughs erupting from her chest.

"Help! Help! I am in trouble!" she called laughing.

The eleves around them laughed and smiled, Legolas approached the two and picked the elleth away from you.

"I have come to save you Little one!" the girl laughed joyously, as Legolas set her down.

He reached a hand out to you and pulled you up.

The elleth tugged on Legolas' cloak, "Thank you for saving me prince Legolas!"

He smiled, showing his dimples as he ruffled the child's hair.

"You're welcome." suddenly, two elves burst through the crowd, their eyes frantic till they saw the child.

"Alma!" The mother called, scooping the child up in her arms as the father apologized profusely.

~•~

You and Legolas found yourselves on the outskirts of town, and soon enough inside the forest.

The forest was greener than how it was in the past, with the spiders finally cleared out.

That was what Legolas told you.

"I couldn't help but notice.." he started, looking up at the sky as the two of you laid down in a clearing.

"You are great with children." His words made you blush and a giggle escaped your lips.

You closed your eyes, "Well, after decades of taking care of children in Lórien, it has been a habit."

You turned to him with a playful grin. "And you're not so bad yourself, 'I have come to save you little one!'" you impersonated, making him laugh at your antics.

He closed his eyes in bliss and you stared back up to the sky.

"I heard you sing. You have a beautiful voice.." he mumbled, you turned to him in surprise.

"Y-You heard me?" You felt your cheeks grow warmer as he nodded, craning his neck to look back at you.

"You should sing more often." He suggested.

"Ah no, I'm not that good.." you mumbled under your breath.

He suddenly sat up, and feigned a dramatic gasp. "Not that good? Mellon you sang as though the angels were singing with you!"

He gave you a cheeky grin, and you felt like melting on the spot. He suddenly laughed getting up to run, making your already red cheeks go redder.

You had realized he was teasing you! "Legolas Thranduilion! Get back here you vermin!" you screeched, but you couldn't help the smile that graced your lips.

And you certainly could not help the pounding of your heart as you chased after him, whether it was from running in a dress, or something else.

~•~