Love Changes A Person

Start from the beginning

She heard him hum in thought before answering.

"I think around a day or 2? I'll contact you as soon as it's ready. Should I come to your house once it's ready?"

"No, we'll meet in that cabin from a few years back. It's a remote location, so it won't disturb the peace of my husband. He's living in his own world."

She chuckled at her statement.

"Right. Is that all?"

"Yes, thank you Kieran."

They exchanged goodbyes before she hung up.

The next day

As Mysty was solemnly reading a novel, her phone began ringing. She looked at the screen and saw that it was her friend Kieran. She closed the book and picked up the phone, answering him.

"Yes?"

"I have the tranquilizer ready. I'm waiting inside the cabin. Do you think you can come here in about 20 minutes?"

"Ah good. Hmm, I think I'll be able to. Don't move, I'll be there in 15 minutes."

With that, Mysty ended the call and began to walk towards the front door of the house.

"Mother?"

Her daughter's voice coming from behind her startled her slightly.

"Amelia, I told you to never sneak up on your mother like that."

Her voice was stern and caused the daughter lock up.

"I'm sorry mother. I only wanted to ask you where you were going."

"Mother's going to meet up with Kieran so she can start the process of getting your love sweetie."

"Oh...I see. You didn't tell him to make scarlet waterworks right? I don't my love to-"

"No I did not. Be a good girl and go back to your room. Make sure that your father is ok on the way."

Mysty exited the house, immediately scanning her surroundings for her car. Once she spotted it, she got inside and started up the engine. After checking the coordinates, she began driving to where they led to.

15 minutes later

Mysty pulled up in front of the place where it all started. After getting out, she looked to her left and noticed Kieran's car, perfectly parked in front of the porch. Her eyes shifted back towards the building in front of her. Flashes of what had happened to her over 17 and a half years ago went through her mind, and she could not help but feel slight apprehension. She was about to step back into the place that had caused her the most pain. Naturally, she would feel reluctant.

Breathing in and reminding herself that she was here for an entirely different purpose, she went to the door and opened it, stepping inside. She was immediately met by a familiar face.

"There you are. I was beginning to question whether or not you were going to show up."

"Well I have. Where are the bottles?"

He gestured to a bag that laid at his feet.

"All yours."

He picked it up and chucked it to Mysty. She managed to catch it before it landed on the floor. Opening it and looking inside, she saw the 3 bottles filled with transparent liquid that she had requested.

"Perfect."

She grinned and began heading out of the cabin. However, Kieran cleared his throat, signalling that he wanted to say something.