Love Changes A Person

Start bij het begin

She was snapped out of her thoughts by her daughter opening the front door of the house and stepping inside. Pleasing the daily routine, her daughter placed the keys for the front door on the living room table and went to her mother.

"I made sure that no one followed me mother."

Her sweet voice made Mysty smile.

"Very good Amelia. Did you have fun at the arcade?"

"Yes mother. He was there again today so I had even more fun. Just looking at him made me feel all fluttery inside."

Mysty stopped herself from sneering in disgust. Just hearing her daughter praise him made her livid. However, she couldn't deny that she was happy for her daughter.

After sitting in silence for a few seconds, Mysty made up her mind, warmly smiled and gestured for her daughter to step closer to her, which Amelia did.

"I've been noticing how much you seem to love this boy Amelia. I am so happy that you finally found your love, I knew you eventually would, which is why I want to help you get them."

Amelia's eyes lit up and she smiled from ear to ear.

"Really mother? Oh thank you so much!"

She hugged her mother and started crying slight tears of joy on her shoulder.

"No need to thank me sweetheart. All I ask of you is to do exactly what I tell you to do Ok? You know how your father was a bit of a problem at first, so I want to make sure that this boy won't be as much of a problem as he was."

She explained to her daughter in such a nonchalant manner, it would disgust any normal human being.

"Oh yes, I remember you told me that father was very resistant at first. Can I ask you a question mother?"

Mysty nodded in response.

"Won't it hurt him? I don't want him to be hurt."

Internally, Mysty couldn't give less of a damn if he was in pain, that's what she wished for him anyways, but she had to give a response.

"Sweetie, when you love someone very much, it doesn't matter if your methods of getting them hurt them, because you can mend their heart back together with your own love."

Mysty patted the top of Amelia's head and smiled once again, masking her real emotions.

"Ok mother. I see, I trust you. Thank you once again."

"It's ok my dear baby. Now, mother needs to make a phone call. Be a good little girl and stay in your room for me."

Amelia nodded and retreated towards her bedroom upstairs. The smile on Mysty's face faded into a scowl as she grabbed her phone and dialed the number of an old friend of hers, Kieran. After a few rings, they picked up.

"Took you long enough to respond."

She said impatiently.

"I'm sorry Mysty, I was helping my daughter with her school work. What is it that you need?"

"My daughter found the love of her life and I want to help her get them. Do you still remember the formula for that tranquilizer of yours?"

"How can I forget it? I made so much of it for you back when Alex was being resistant.  Along with the Complamine."

She rolled her eyes and went back to the conversation.

"I need you to make some of it for me. 3 bottles. How long will that take?"