vingt-trois

Death is only looking inward.
Death is our ancient mother,
our first mother.
—Juan Ramón Jiménez

Adul

"Kill him? I don't know if I could be b-behind that." Marisol spoke softly, her eyes in a panic as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"Well why the fuck not, it's pretty known that he would not think twice about killing us." Genevieve shrugged.

"I never said that he actually killed the other dolls, I'm just saying that their deaths could not have been all accidental, maybe he had someone else do it." Marisol considered.

"He fucking killed his best friend!? He's a psychopath listen, to get out of here alive and well we must kill him, if not, we'll die and even if we escape who's to say he won't try to get us again." Genevieve urged.

"We can turn him into the authorities Genevieve, death isn't our only solution." Irving reasoned "and who's to say Taehyung actually murdered Jimin?"

"Adul did you see him physically murder Jimin?" Genevieve asked.

They turned to me with inquisitive expressions. Looking down I thought of that night, the deep stain of maroon liquid seeped into the cuff of his freshly ironed white dress shirt. The panic in his voice as he rushed me to the vehicle, how he directed Darla to wash his clothes in cold water, an order she seemed too familiar with.

"I didn't see him kill Jimin." I spoke.

"Then how the hell do you know it was him , is Jimin even dead?" Irving questioned.

"I may have not seen him physically kill Jimin but I've seen him kill someone else."

"Who!?" They asked simultaneously.

"I've met Jungkook, On a night Taehyung took me on a trip , I met him at a nightclub, he was supposed to help me escape and he did momentarily, until.. Taehyung followed us and killed him. It was all my fault...he did it without any remorse, Jungkook died lying in his own blood coldly so I know he could do it to you too."

"He could do it to any of us- that's why we must be careful." Irving spoke.

"He'll kill any of you but not me."

"What makes you think that?" Genevieve asked.

"He told me he loved me," I spoke softly while reminiscing the moments he was most vulnerable around me, The times when I was confused on who he truly was, perhaps who he could potentially be.

"I think that's his plan to only have me and rid all of you, if anyone is going to get close enough to kill him and end up alive, it will be me, I'll do it."

Taehyung

Taehyung

"I want to get rid of her," I whispered as I paced in the confines of my room. Running my palms through the loose strands of my hair I conjured thoughts about riding the next threat to us. One of the many dolls that has turned her against me.

"Allow me, sir, it will be quick and simple." Darla pleaded and I stopped in my tracks turning to face her.

"I don't want her fucking dead!" I spat as I watched her face etch to a look of confusion. "I've had too much blood on my hands and Adul will never love me if I'm behind anymore. Marisol doesn't need to be dead, she needs to be out of this mansion."

Her contorted expression turned to a sinister laugh her red colored lips turned upward as she chuckled contagiously.

"Wait did I hear you correctly?" she inquired "since when have you cared so much about her that you're willing not to taint your image?"

"I have always cared for Adul you know that she's—"

"She's different?" She interrupted "Please she is just like those other bitches as soon as she gets a chance she will throw you under the bus Taehyung I have been here I know you I -"

The sudden rush of annoyance and anger controlled me as my hand gripped the base of her throat pushing her towards the nearest wall.

"Don't fucking say shit about Adul do you hear me?"

Her eyes were opened wide as they stared deeply into my own. I tightened my clutch as my thumb rubbed harshly against the skin of her neck.

"I said do you hear me?" I spoke deeply lowering down to her ear.

She gasped in response as her wet tongue rimmed her bottom lip and her sudden look of fear switched to a menacing grin.

"Yes, Sir."

Hello :)