It Can't Possibly Start Off That Bad

No One's POV

As Lucious and Cookie drove home from the courthouse, they both had smiles across their face. After 17 years of being apart, and over 35 years of being the love of each other's lives, they were finally able to be together with pure love and understanding. Cookie couldn't wait to get home to call the boys and tell them the news. As they drove down the street, Lucious looked at his bride as she stared at her wedding ring.

He couldn't help but to feel a sense of pride and satisfaction. For the first time since before Cookie went to prison, Lucious felt complete again. He had his One back and he had no intentions of letting her go. He was so deep in his thought about his happiness and bright future that he didn't hear Cookie calling his name.

"Lucious! Baby are you listening to me?" She yelled out. Lucious snapped out of his thoughts and took a quick glance at Cookie before focusing back at the road. "Yeah Babe. What's up," he said, grabbing her hand. "I was saying that I want to have a family dinner tonight. I know Jamal is gone trying to have his coming to Jesus moment, but I do want to sit down with Dre and Keem. Let them know that we are offically husband and wife again. How does that sound?" She asked.

Lucious licked his lips and gave Cookie a slight grin. "That sounds great Mrs. Lyon," he said in a smooth voice. Cookie dropped her head as she smiled and let out a giggle. She always loved when Lucious would call her Mrs. Lyon. From the first time they got married to now. Somehow he still makes her feel like that little 15 year old girl inside. She can't help but to blush everytime he says it. As they continued to drive towards the mansion, the radio was playing R & B music. What was about to be announced next, neither Cookie nor Lucious could be prepared to hear.

We have breaking news. We have just got word from TMZ that Hakeem Lyon, son of Lucious Lyon, has been shot outside of his penthouse building. The shooting was done by up and rising artist Blake's father. Apparently Blake and Hakeem are in the ICU due to the shooting. There is word that Tiana Brown was present as well as Hakeem Lyon's daughter Bella, but neither were injured. This has been an eventful day for the Lyon family and Empire enterprises considering Anika Calhoun, the new CEO of Empire, has been pronounced dead after falling to her death at the conference she was holding to announce her views for the future of Empire. Now the question, is who is going to run Empire and will the youngest Lyon son pull through this traumatic experience?

Lucious pulled over to make sure he heard everything correctly that was being stated over the radio. Cookie stared at the radio, then slowly started to hyperventilate. Lucious gripped the steering tight as his knuckles turned white. Tears filled his eyes as he turned to see Cookie not breathing normally.

He turned and grabbed her face, trying to get her to calm down

He turned and grabbed her face, trying to get her to calm down. "Cook. Baby look at me. Slow down your breathing. Come on. It's going to be ok. He's a Lyon. He is gonna pull through. Nothing is going to happen to our baby boy. Breathe with me baby," he tried reassuring her.