Getting Along

Carter's P.O.V

i was walking down the street minding my own business. Angel was with Kevin hanging out. I thought I spend some time alone. my dad had crossed my mind. I know he is crazy but I miss him. I haven't seen him in forever. ill be graduateing soon an none of my parents are going to be there.

I was taking in all my surroundings since ill be gone in a year or two. its beautiful where I live. you don't need to know cause I don't need stalkers now.

I continued walking until I saw a familiar face. I had to do a double take to notice it was Dustin. I grabbed his forarm and he spun on his heal to face me.

"hey!"

he shouted.

I looked at him confused.

"uh hey."

I said.

"i swear Carter if your after me cause you think I did something with Angel your wrong cause nothing happened."

his vocie cracked.

I looked at him an clenched my jaw. I don't really like Dustin so what I was bout to say stung.

"naw. Dustin chill. I just saw your alone an wanted to know if you wanna chill with me."

that last part made me wince. he looked at me with narrowed eyes an my jaw clenched. he nodded an we started to walk.

the more we walked the more I found out we had things in common. he has a little sister Kevin's age. her name is April. now that I think of it Kevin has a crush on her.... weird. also they were abusied by there dad. the diffrence is cause their mom left. April is abusied more cause she looks like her mom.... that's messed up. Dustin wants to be a soldier also.

"maybe we can go sign up together."
I said as I put my hands in my front pants pockets.

he shrugged and scratched the back of his head.

"sure."

honestly I think I'm starting to grow on him. he is not a bad guy like when we first met. no wonder why Angel hangs out with him.

we walked until we made it to his house. we said our goodbyes and parted. as I was walking Angel's car pulled up.

"want a ride?!?"

Kevin shouted.

I smirked and Kevin smiled.

"why not?"

I hopped in the car and sat in the back seat with Kevin as we pulled off I said hey to Angel and we made our way back to our house.