The Talk With Carter

my phone had vibrated so i picked it up. i saw it was from Carter. after 3 minutes i decided i will read it. it was explaining that he was sorry and why he was with Rylie. i felt bad so i answered it was ok. everything Carter does i miss inturpet it. i went to go look for him but i couldn't find him. the only place i didnt check was outside. so i ran outside into his arms crying. he stood there for minute but he finally wrapped his arms around my waist.

"im sorry..."

he said lifting my face and wiping my tears.

"its ok... im sorry too."

i said sniffling.

"i know."

he said kindly.

he sat down and i sat on his lap. my head was nestled on his chest. we sat there in silence for about a good 30 minutes. he kept me warm in his safe arms. i never felt so much love from any one else before besides my mom. i feel bad because Carter was abusied and here i am the only person he loves is giving him a hard time. 

"Angel i have to tell you something..."

Carter said akwardly. which scared me.

"im all ears."

i said trying to smile.

"i want to be a soldier after high school... and i dont wanna fight anymore so i can spend as much time with you before i go."

he said sadly. 

"oh..." 

i said quietly.

"before you ask why its because i wanna get my mind off of being abusied and hurting you."

i felt tears building up. i didnt wanna hear no more so i kissed his lips softly and for a long time.