The New Kid

Nathan Larson was a good kid. Well not so much a kid anymore seeing as he was 18 years old now. He never got in any trouble and his record for being a straight A student for 18 years proved how smart he was. His parents died in a terrible car accident when he was 16. As a result he was put into a foster care system where he got adopted within 2 months to a very loving family. Nathan kept to his self mostly reading and studying to become a doctor so he could save the lives of injured and sick people. He was the kind of person who wanted to make a difference in the world. Though, Nathan mainly kept to himself he did have friends. Josie and Jerry. Both 18 years old as well. They were twins about 15 minutes apart. Josie was a social butterfly, she always dragged her brother and Nathan to parties when she got invited. No matter how much they protested. Jerry on the other hand preferred to play video games in his spare time. They met at a school Assembly a week into Nathan's transfer. They all clicked pretty quickly and became the best of friends. Until Josie developed a crush on Nathan. They started dating for a total of two weeks before ending things between them. Due to the fact that Nathan caught Josie making out with the captain of the football players at one of the many parties, she had invited them to. She claimed she was under the influence when it occured but Nathan decided they were better off as friends. He also decided that he'd keep his mind on college and leave the distractions alone. So here he was his first week in Widertree University. It was pretty big and although he only knew Josie and Jerry there, he quite liked the atmosphere of the school. Classes passed by fairly quickly before Nathan made his way to his apartment off campus. When he opened the door he wasn't the least bit surprised to see Jerry lounging on one side of his couch playing video games. Josie on the other side talking on the phone excitedly. "Oh my god really?.....Well what's so special about that?....Tatiana?......Dawn I have no idea who the hell that is?" "What's up buddy how was your classes?" Jerry asked looking up and greeting his best friend. He sat on the couch with a sigh. "Man it's definitely going to be a challenge but it'll really be worth it when I'm saving people's lives." "That's right Nathan your the smartest guy I know, you can do anything you set your mind to." Nathan reached for the bag of open potato chips on the table and grabbed some sticking them in his mouth. "Thanks Jer. So what's the plan for today?" He shrugged. "I don't know we can go to the movies?" "No way we're totally going to this party I just got invited to." Josie said glaring at her brother. Nathan rolled his eyes pushing his glasses further up his nose. "Don't you think about anything else but partying?" Nathan asked looking up at her. Josie scoffed. "Of course there's also shopping duh." "I meant something that'll actually help you in life." "I'm going to college that's going to help me." "Your going for the wrong reasons." "That's not true I go to learn things." "Please sis we all know you just go for the parties." Josie rolled her eyes standing up. "Oh whatever. You guys are going end of discussion." "No offense Jo's but that doesn't interest me in the slightest." Nathan said sticking more chips into his mouth. "Oh come on Larson they'll be hot girls, drinks, and games." Jerry's interest was peaked. "Games? What kind of games?" Josie smiled knowing she had her brother. "The competitive kind. It's going to be really fun and I know how much you love showing off your awesome game skills." "I do love that. Hmm. I'm in." "Knew I could count on you baby bro. Larson?" "Yeah still a no for me." Nathan said in a bored tone. "Come on man you got to go. Look we'll stay for 10 minutes and then we'll go." "Ugh. Fine. But I'm only going for 10 minutes then I'm leaving with or without you guys." Josie cheered. "Awesome the party starts in 2 hours. I'm gonna go find something to wear. And you guys better be ready by the time I get back." She said practically skipping out of the front door. Nathan leaned over and hit Jerry in the back of the head. "Idiot she planned that." "What but how can she? Ugh dude your right she totally played us." Nathan narrowed his eyes. "Us?" "Fine me but your still coming." "Unfortunately I know." Nathan said standing up and walking down the hall to his bedroom.

    •••••••••••••••🖤💜💙💚💛❤️•••••••••••••••

As they arrived to the party they groaned at the sight. There was people drinking, getting high, playing beer pong, making out on the couch, dancing wildly against each other on the dancefloor and doing body shots. Josie disappeared into the crowd walking up to her friends. Jerry went to the beer pong table. Nathan rolled his eyes then made his way to the bar and grabbed a bottle of cold beer before opening it up and taking a sip. "10 minutes Nathan then your out."
Nathan had finished his beer and got up ready to leave when he turned around and saw the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.