Chapter 31- An End to it All.

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to lock it into place; you may feel a slightly uncomfortable sensation."

Rey readied herself and nodded. She felt the bionic arm fuse to her with a strange tingling. The droid then fitted a metallic strip to her arm and some apparatus that started pulsating, and she began to feel the fingers. As she brought her fingers in towards her palm and back out again, Ben entered the room with Poe at his side, binders around his wrists. Rey fumed.

"Why is he restrained?" she demanded of Poe.

"Because I asked to be," Ben responded calmly. He twitched his hands slightly, and the binders came away, and he placed them on a table nearby.

"We'll leave you two alone," Rose murmured, dragging Finn by the arm. Poe stood in the doorway for a moment longer and left along with Dr Kalonia. They were alone. She reached out to Ben with her hand, and he took it in his. The Force flowed between them, instantly soothing her, and she breathed deeply as relief washed over her.

"Ben, why are you doing this?" She didn't need to be specific with regard to what she meant he would know exactly.

"I'm not one of you, Rey, and if I go unpunished for my crimes regardless of my recent actions, the New Republic will start with people resenting its founding decisions on both sides. If this is to work truly, I must play my part and accept my guilt, and whatever fate the Republic decides is fair." His face was resolved, and she knew nothing she could say to him would change his mind, so Rey decided to talk to him about the vision she'd seen instead.

"Ben, when I was unconscious, I saw these scenes of the past Luke with Vader, you and I, but I also saw a young man and a young woman. He had a mechno-arm like this one," she raised her left arm as she said this, then continued. "He was a Jedi, but he married her, and then I... I think he killed her, and she was pregnant. Why would I see that? Do you know who they were?"

"Did they say anything?" Ben was interested but seemed unsurprised.

"No, I just saw scenes, but what brought me back was something I heard. It sounded far away, something about love igniting the stars."

Now Ben smiled though sadly, "Anakin."

"What?"

"You saw Anakin Skywalker, my grandfather. I saw him, too, and he said those words to me as we brought you back. Love is more than a candle; love can ignite the stars."

"We?"

He smiled again, "Yes, we. Luke, Anakin and Yoda are some of the greatest Jedi that ever lived."

Rey nodded. She had no idea who Yoda was. That could be a question for another time, "Was the woman your grandmother?"

"Must have been," Ben knew very little about his paternal grandmother Padme; his mother had never known her as she died shortly after giving birth to her and Luke. All he knew was that Anakin and Padme's love was against the rules of the Jedi order but that they had married regardless. Ultimately, their union was doomed when Anakin's power became corrupted, and he became The Dark Lord Vader, breaking her heart.

"Why did I see all those things?"

Ben shrugged; there was a multitude of possible reasons, but he wasn't sure of any. It could be the prophecy fulfilled, as Luke had said. It had started with Anakin, and it ended with him and Rey- true balance in the Force. It could be that their love was what Anakin's for Padme should've been if not for the Emperor. Whatever the reason, it gave him hope and peace. He raised his hand to her face; her hair was loose about her shoulders, and he liked it like this.

"I don't know," not a complete lie, but it was complicated and could wait for another time, "you're here, and that's all I care about, but you should rest some more." He removed his hands from hers and went to retrieve his binders.