Support system

-7:00 PM-
As Betty drifted off to sleep, Jughead was cursing himself for not being there for her, when she needed him the most. A few tears rolled down his cheek seeing a few cuts on her wrists stick out from under her sweater. Betty rolled over after a few minutes, soundly asleep. Jughead remembered that his shirt was somewhere under the bed, and got off of it. He knelt down, and grabbed things out from under the bed. He found the box with the string on, that Archie had read earlier. Jughead glanced at the box and assumed it might have been his S-shirt. He slowly pulled the strings apart, and then the top off of the box. He saw the black, lacey, lingerie lying under a piece of paper. He frowned at it, remembering how she had to do the serpent dance to join the serpents. He picked up the letter softly, and began reading. Stay quiet, and don't you dare say anything. No one would trust you anyways. If you say anything, that red headed northsider of yours gets killed. Tread carefully.

Jughead recognized the handwriting, but he didn't remember who it was. Just then a loud, "I'm home!" Echoed through the house. Jughead shoved the lid back onto the box and under the bed. He stood up, and walked out to the hall looking to see who was 'home.' He saw the woman who probably hated him the most, her mother, Alice Cooper. Jughead walked down the stairs slowly after closing her door.

"Hi, Mrs. Cooper." Jughead said softly to not wake Betty, "Betty's sleeping."

"She better be. And you can't go into her bedroom anymore." Alice's eyes were glaring at him, but she was already grabbing her suitcases at the door. "I'm going to go up and put these in my room, you can either stay and wait for a few hours for her to wake up with me, or go." She made an "go" a little louder than any other part of the sentence, so he grabbed his own bag from Toledo and walked outside.

He walked over to his motorcycle, to go home, and possibly go to the White Wyrm to see his other friends.

Alice walked up the stairs slowly and put the bags at the top of the stairs near her door. She pushed the door open to see her sleeping soundly. She walked over and sat by her, and rubbed her back, "Hey, Betty. I'm home." Betty's eyes opened, and she almost started to smile at her mother, before remembering that she was the one who decided to go visit friends first.

"Hey mom. Where's Jughead?" Betty asked as she sat up.

"I kicked him out. He can't be in your room young lady." Alice said with a stern voice.

"But Archie can?" Betty said, sounding annoyed.

"If he saved your life in your bedroom, yes. He can." Alice said, now looking at her wrists. "Why don't you just rest for the rest of the day. We can talk tomorrow." Alice got up and left the room as Betty slid under the covers.

Archie arrived home, but he saw Alice through the window just before, and decided he shouldn't go over.

Jughead was arriving at the almost empty White Wyrm, with the threatening letter in hand. He walked inside, and got cheers from his friends. "That's enough, why didn't any of you call and say what happened to Betty?" Toni, Fangs, and Sweet Pea walked over.

"What do you mean Jug, she left Fang's party quickly." Sweet Pea asked.

"That she tried to kill her self is what I'm talking about!" Jughead backed away from them angrily.

The others immediately came to attention, realizing why she had left so early. "She did what?" Toni asked.

"You didn't know?" Jughead asked, realizing he didn't respect Betty's privacy. "Anyway, she got this letter I found." Jughead read it aloud, "Stay quiet, and don't you dare say anything. No one would trust you anyways. If you say anything, that red headed northsider of yours gets killed. Tread carefully."