VII

It's Monday and I haven't talked to my teacher since the other night. I left her house almost immediately after that so I could "do my homework". I was so embarrassed that I'd cried in front of her two times in two days. I've only cried in front of Asher once, and that was because I wrecked my bike. I'm an emotional wreck, and I don't want her to see me like that.

I get done with training and go into the kitchen to see what we have for breakfast. There's some Cheerios in the cabinet, so I pull that out and grab a banana as well. Asher walks in and I decide to ask him about the product.

"Did we get all of that product sold?" I ask him.

"Yeah. I sold all of it. Luckily, there were a lot of parties over the weekend. We made about 10 grand from it." He pours his coffee and pulls out his phone. "The dealership is also doing really well. With business as it is, we could probably stop dealing soon." We talk some more about business until I have to go get ready. It's kind of cold outside, so I decided to wear a sweater and some ripped jeans with my Air Force ones.

I turn my car on and the events from the weekend come back to me. I push them out of my mind as much as possible. At this point, I know I'm catching some type of feelings for Ms. Martin. I know neither of us can act on them, so I don't know what I'm planning on doing about it. I'll probably just ignore it like I always do. It's getting harder though. Every time I see her, I just want to pull her in for a kiss. I think I need to distance myself, but that isn't gonna be possible. Hopefully I can deal with it until the end of the semester.

Today, I decided to pull into the drive thru instead of go inside at Starbucks because I'm running a tad late. A car pulls behind me that I recognize. I look and see that it's Adrianna. I would recognize that paint color anywhere. She notices me in front of her and I shake my head at her while I pull up to the window to pay.

"Hey can I pay for the car behind me too?" The barista just smiles and nods while she takes the cash from me. I smirk, pulling up to the second window. I grab my Frappuccino and head to the school. On the way there, I see another very familiar car pulling behind me, but I don't think anything of it. The car is black with red racing stripes and barely legal tinted windows. I shrug off the bad feeling and keep my mind on the road. The car pulls into the school with me, so I just assume it's another student.

I pull into my parking spot and turn off my car. I put my headphones in as I walk into the school because I don't want to deal with anyone today. Making my way to weights, I notice an argument happening in the cafeteria. I try to ignore it, but it's almost impossible, since they're blocking my way to class.

"-don't care what the hell he did! You knew that I liked him and you went for him anyway!" Rolling my eyes, I realize that this is a freshmen fight over some stupid shit. I take one earbud out and drape it over my ear. I step to the front of the crowd gathered around them to try to get through. The girl that seems to have started the fight is a short skinny blond girl that barely looks old enough to be in high school. The girl across from her is a red headed, kind of chubby girl. She looks to be about a sophomore or junior, but she could honestly be a freshman. I shake my head, realizing that the red head is about 50 pounds heavier and at least 5 inches taller than the blond.

"Oh my god, Shelby, can you grow up? He likes me, not you. Get the fuck over it," The red head says. The girl, Shelby, starts to cry.

"He said he loved me.."

"Jack doesn't love you. He said that to get in your pants. I don't know why he would even want that nasty ass pussy anyway. You're such a slut, I don't know why any guy would want you." The red head smirks. This draws sounds from the crowd. Shelby looks like she's had enough and swings for the other girls face. I see it before she does, but she's ready for Shelby's hit. She blocks and then swings back at her. From her block, I can tell she's had some type of training, some kind of martial arts. I take out both of my earbuds. It starts to get. If this girl has had any type of martial arts training, it could get bad.

This sends Shelby back into a table and she hits her back pretty hard. I can tell that the red head is about to jump on top of her and beat her ass. Without thinking, I pull on the girl's shirt and pull her as far away from Shelby as I can get her. The red head looks confused for a minute and then she sees me and her eyes go wide. I switch my grip to the front of her shirt. My blood is boiling at this point. I don't care who it is, but no one deserves to be talked to that way. I slam the girl against the wall and I can see her wince from the impact. I grab a fistful of her hair, which makes her moan in pain.

"Look at me." She won't look in my eyes, so I yank a little bit harder. "LOOK AT ME ASSHOLE!" I yell as loud as I can. There's no noise in the cafeteria other than her heavy breathing and Shelby's crying. The girl finally looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "What gives you the right to speak to someone like that?" She opens her mouth but I cut her off. "You don't have that right. No one does. Absolutely no one. Do you understand me?" She nods her head. "I don't care what this fight is or was about, but it's over now, ok? Don't you ever lay a hand on her again or come near her." I let her go, but I'm still close enough to where she can't walk away. "And Christ, go home. Take a shower or something. Talking about how she's nasty, I can basically smell the B.O. from a mile away." I step back and she all but runs in the opposite direction. Everybody slowly goes to their classes as I make my way to Shelby. She's sitting at a table with her head in her hands. I put my hand on her back and she jumped. The blonde looks at me and then instantly hugs me.

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. She was just going to keep making fun of me and I didn't know what to do and-" I cut her off with a chuckle. I bend down so I can look her in the eyes without her craning her head.

"It's okay. She was just really out of line with what she was calling you. Are you okay? You look like you took a hard hit to the back." She nods her head and I offer to walk her to class. When we get there, I say goodbye and check on her one more time. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. You never told me your name though. If someone's going to save me from an ass kicking, I need to know their name." I smile at her.

"Tatum Taylor. I'm a senior. And you?"

"Shelby Doran. I'm a sophomore." With that she goes into class, and I realize where I recognized that car and her face from. She's Jackson's sister. And that car is his. Which means he's out of jail and more than likely looking for me.

****

Sorry kind of a trash chapter, but things are starting to get interesting. Let me know if you like it! Comment and vote please! Love you guys!