X

I woke up to the car coming to a stop. I turned a little bit and whined in protest when I realized I had to get up. Suddenly, there was a warm feeling on my thigh that made me tense up. I felt electricity run up my leg at the point of contact. Just barely opening my eyes, I looked over to Ms. Martin's worried face. I sat up faster than I meant to and got dizzy. Suddenly, there were two of my teacher in front of me. She was saying something but I was focused on her lips.

"What did you say?" I ask. It was obvious I wasn't paying attention. Adrianna smiled a little bit.

"I said, I don't know where you live. We're at my house right now because I need to let my dog out. Do you mind?" The teacher looked somewhat nervous so I smiled. This seemed to ease her tension a little bit.

"Of course not, Ms. Martin. Do you want me to stay here?" Despite us being friends, I felt a little bit uncomfortable about going into her house. It's not that I didn't trust her, I didn't trust myself. I didn't trust myself to not make a move on her.

"Actually, I want you to come meet Luke. I think you'd love him." She smiled at me. I was a little bit confused.

"Who's Luke? Is that your boyfriend?" I ask. Adri starts laughing as soon as the words come out of my mouth. I become even more confused. Why is that so funny?

"No. Luke is my dog. He's a French bulldog and he's not even 6 months yet. I don't have a boyfriend anyway." My ears perk up at that. How could she not have a boyfriend? She did say she didn't really know anyone here, so that makes sense.

"Okay. You had me at 'dog'. Let's go." We both get out of the car and start to walk towards the house. It was nice. Really nice actually. It wasn't big, but it was a more modern looking house. The walls on the outside were white and the door was black with three small rectangular windows on it. The house itself looked like half of a triangle. Most of the house was windows. I could see how it would be relaxing to wake up and have so much light in the house. Adri has good taste.

Adri takes out her keys and unlocks the door to her house. As soon as the brunette walks in, I hear little footsteps patter across the floor. A dog comes around the corner at full speed and jumps on Adrianna, who is now crouched down to catch the dog in her arms. My teacher is laughing as the dog licks her face. It's the most amazing thing I've heard all day. I start to smile at the adorable scene in front of me.

Luke seems to notice me standing there for the first time since we walked in and stops everything and stares at me. I look at Adrianna for permission to pet him and she kind of nods. I reach my hand out and Luke starts to move towards me and I think he's going to bite me so I back up. For some reason, I trip and fall flat on my ass.

"Ow. Son of a bitch," I groan. I sit up and Luke jumps on my stomach and starts to lick me. I chuckle and Adrianna does too. We sat there like that, on the ground, in the doorway, for about 20 minutes just talking and playing with Luke. Soon, the dog is asleep on my lap, and I'm starting to get tired. I really don't want to go home and explain to Asher where I've been.

"Hey Adri?" I ask. This is so stupid of me to ask, but I figured I'd better try.

"Yeah?" She looks at me with her big bright blue eyes. I almost forget what I'm about to say.

"I know I might be overstepping my boundaries, but I really don't feel like going home to Asher and having to explain what happened. Do you mind if I stay here?" She doesn't answer for a minute. "Ah, I shouldn't have asked. It's oka-"

"No no! You can stay, don't worry about it. I was just thinking about how clean the guest bedroom was," My teacher says with a laugh. I smile a little bit at that. "I don't mind, but the guest bedroom is super dirty. You can sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the couch." I get kind of disappointed. Why? I have no clue. I lowkey wanted her to sleep in the bed with me, but that's not going to happen.