Chapter 10: The Wedding

The next few days flew by, Sunday rolled around and you were nowhere near ready to see Tyler leave. The sun shined through the window as you turned over on your side to face him. He was still sleeping, snoring lightly, his hair messy and a little drool spilling out of the side of his mouth. A smile grew on your face as you reached over for his hair, moving closer to him. You didn't want this moment to end. You hated that he had to go home. He felt you move closer and wrapped his arm around you to pull you in. "Morning babe." He whispered as he began to drift back to sleep. You closed your eyes taking in the moment and before you knew it you were drifting off to sleep again.

An hour later you were woken to the sound of rustling in the room. It was Tyler gathering his things. You turned over to look at the clock and realized that he still had the whole day before he had to catch his flight. "Shhh...go back to sleep. I'm coming back to bed I just wanted to pack a few things." You reached your hand out signifying that you wanted him to come back. "But I need snugs." You said in a whiny baby voice. Tyler couldn't hold back his laughter and he zipped his bag, then crawled back into bed with you. "Then snugs you'll get." He replied while wrapping his arms around you and kissing your cheek. "So, the wedding is in a week...tell me about your family. Who do I have to avoid? Who's going to try and scare me. Tell me it all." You chuckled as Tyler propped his head up with his arm and ran his fingers over your arm. You turned to face him and smiled gently "You don't have to come if you don't want." "Y/N, I am coming to this wedding. I celebrated with your cousin for an entire weekend, I need to celebrate the wedding with her too." You smiled and began going into detail about each family member that he needed to know about.

You both laid in bed for what seemed like forever until Tyler pulled his phone from under the pillow and looked at the time. "The boys are blowing me up," he said while scrolling through the list of notifications that were on his screen. He opened them to see the team group chat firing off about the upcoming season. He turned to face you after answering a few texts "You should come to a few games, I can put you and whoever in a suite. You can even come to a home game too." His voice perked up as he mentioned the last part and you smiled. "Let's get through the wedding first." You said. He nodded and went back to scrolling through his phone.

The rest of the day was uneventful, you both lounged around all day barely leaving each other's side. When it came time for Tyler to leave you agreed to take him to the airport. You were dreading this moment. He pulled his bags from the trunk and stood by the side of the car. He lifted his hat off his head and ran his fingers through his hair quickly before placing his hat back on. "So, I'll see you in a week," he said while shoving his hands in his front pockets. "Yes, a week. You're staying with me right?" You asked eagerly hoping the answer would be yes. "Only if you promise to make cinnamon rolls again." He smirked. You couldn't help but laugh. He opened his arms and stood in front of you. "Well, come here," he said waving his hand at you. You quickly found yourself falling into his arms, wrapping yours around his waist while he wrapped his around your neck. He kissed the top of your head and you felt a smile break on his face. You looked up, still wrapped in each other's arms and he leaned down kissing your lips gently. "One week." He said. "One week," you repeated. Next thing you knew he was gone and you were left standing there, counting down the days, again.

----------

It was the day of the wedding, Tyler's flight didn't come in until early in the morning and you both had already planned that Sam would let him in so he could get ready at your house and then he'd meet you at the church while you got ready at your cousin's house. You walked into your cousin's house and saw all of the bridesmaids gathered around dressed in their bridesmaid's robes, some with their hair and makeup done some without. They all greeted you as you made your way to the kitchen where your cousin was getting her hair done. "It's the big day!" you yelled while throwing your arms around her. "You look amazing already," you added while pulling away. Your cousin grinned from ear to ear and then took your hand and pulled you to sit in the seat next to her. "So is Tyler here?" You rolled your eyes and started laughing "What? He's a good time and he promised he'd be at my wedding." Your cousin said while raising an eyebrow. "His plane just landed, he's on his way to my place to get ready and he'll meet me at the church," you replied while pulling a bunch of grapes off the fruit tray on the table behind you. Your cousin smirked and stole a grape "My cousin dates a professional hockey player." she giggled while shoving the grape in her mouth.