Chapter 3: Tension

9:45pm rolled around and you and the girls were finishing up getting ready switching between your room and your cousin's room to get opinions on your outfits, hair, and makeup. You slipped on your black heels and turned to look at the full-length mirror that was by the TV. You ran your fingers through your hair and looked at Sam who was smiling "Girl, you look HOT. " You smiled and covered your mouth as you turned to pour yourself a drink. The music that was blasting in the boy's room next door shut off as yours grew louder. Suddenly you heard a knock on the door and you knew it was Tyler. You kept your cup in your hand and made your way to the door, checking the mirror once more to make sure the little black dress you were wearing looked good.

You unlocked the door and opened it to see Tyler standing there in a dark gray suit, his hair slicked back and a smile on his face. "God damn Y/N. You look incredible." He leaned on the door frame and his eyes traveled around every inch of your body. "Why thank you, Seguin, you look pretty damn good yourself." You said while moving away from the door to gesture him to come into your room. He greeted the other girls and turned to face you again. He was significantly taller than you, even while you were in your heels. You looked up to meet his eyes and a smirk spread across his face. "Shots?" He asked. You all agreed and poured yourselves shots of vodka to prepare for the night.

After about 20 minutes of pregaming, you all decided to make your way to the bar in the lobby. You and Tyler were the last to leave the room. He opened the door for you as you stepped into the hall. He closed it behind you and placed his hand on your lower back. You both started to make your way down the hall when you felt his hand fall from your back to your side. He slipped his fingers between yours and next you knew you were holding hands. He pulled out his phone while you were walking and you looked over to see what he was doing but before he could unlock his phone you saw a familiar picture. It was the one you two took earlier. The one of you kissing his cheek. You elbowed him and nodded towards the phone. "Care to explain?" You said with a smirk. You imagined he would be embarrassed but it was the complete opposite. Tyler's grip on your hand tightened and he smiled. "Can you blame me for making this my background? We are cute as fuck." He said. You started laughing and pressed the button on the elevator. Everyone was already out of sight and probably downstairs already. "Ok truthfully, I figured I'd make it my background so other girls would take the hint and kindly leave me alone for the night." You raise an eyebrow as he said this and cocked your head to the side. "I just want a night where hundreds of girls aren't falling all over me. I figured being with you and your friends and having this picture set it would give me a chance to be somewhat normal. Plus, I wanted girls to know who I'm going home with tonight." A smile broke on his face and your eyes met. Your cheeks felt flush.

The elevator rang and the doors opened. You were feeling a little buzzed from the pregame so your judgment was a bit off. You both stepped into the elevator and before the doors closed your hands are in Tyler's hair, his hands on your lower back and you are pressed up against him. Your lips on his. You were craving the taste of his lips. You broke the kiss with a slight smile as you bit his bottom lip. He looked down at you confused but happy. "Sorry...I just couldn't wait any longer." You repeated the words he said to you earlier after your first kiss. The elevator doors opened and you took his hand and led him to the bar.

Both the guys and girls were gathered around a VIP table. "My gift to the bride," Tyler whispered in your ear. You smiled and felt warm inside knowing that he was thoughtful enough to put in a word for us. "My cousin is going to love you for this." You say while wrapping your arm around his waist. "Your cousin? I didn't know you were related to the bride." He said with a smile. You shook your head yes as your both made your way to the table. "So, you're in the wedding I'm assuming? Not just a friend here to celebrate?" He asked while raising an eyebrow. You both waved hello to everyone and took a seat at the edge of the round booth. "Yep, bridesmaid." You said while lifting a shot off the table. At this point, you can tell Tyler is thinking. A smile spreads on his face and he leans over to your cousin. "So, when's the wedding?" He asks. Your cousin leans back and yells the date. "Hmm...September 14th? I think I'm free..." He pulls out his phone and flips through his calendar. "Yep free!" He begins to add a new event and you watch as he types "Y/N's cousin's wedding." You look at him confused and place a hand on his arm. He notes your confusion and leans over to your cousin once more "Mind if I'm Y/N's plus 1?" He asks with a smile. Your cousin lets out a loud yes and turns back around to dance. Tyler sits back in the booth and you're still staring at him. He places his arm around your shoulder and pulls you into him. "Did you think this was the only time we would see each other?" He asks in your ear. "Yea...actually I did. I know your rep Seguin. I imagined just being one of your weekend girls." He pulls back and looks somewhat offended at your words. "Listen, don't get me wrong you're a nice guy but I just didn't expect you to want to see me again." You try to explain. Tyler's eyes become gentle again and he smiles. "How could I not want to see you again?" He asks.