Mistletoe

written by my lovely friend, Haven_Winder

She was singing when he came back from work. He dropped his stuff off in the entryway and walked down the halls towards her voice. He walked to the living room and leaned in the doorway. She has her headphones on and was singing along to Christmas music while decorating a wreath over the couch. She hopped off and admired her work for a moment. She turned and noticed him standing there. She paused her music, hung her headphones around her neck, and walked over to him with a smile.

"Hi!"

"Hi." He replies. "You've been decorating."

"No shit Sherlock," she says with a smirk.

"The mantle's decorated, "he says, ignoring the comment," the stockings are up, and there is a wreath above our fireplace."

"And I was hoping we could go and pick out a tree tonight," she says.

"Let's go then," he says, turning to get his jacket.

"Wait!" she says, pulling him back. "You've forgotten something."

"Your Santa hat?"

"No. Well, yes, but there's something else."

"What?"

"Look up." He looks up to see a sprig hanging above his head.

"Mistletoe. Does this mean I have to kiss you now?" He says with mock disgust.

"Absolutely."

"Come here," he says, pulling her close to him. He kissed her deeply, quickly, leaving her breathless for a moment.

"Come on. Let's go get that tree."