Chapter Twenty-Three.

Start from the beginning

        His words left me dumbfounded as I stared up at him before I finally rolled my eyes and let out another laugh.

        “I can tell you’re a writer.” I giggled.

        “Now is that a good or a bad thing?” He asked, his knee pushing my thighs open so he could move himself more on top of me.

        “An extremely good thing.”

        His lips then pressed against mine, my breath seeming to taken right out of my lungs. I couldn’t focus on anything else except him at this exact moment and how utterly sexy he looked right now. My thighs connected to his sides as my fingertips slowly moved down his jersey until they reached the pants of his uniform. That’s when I lifted up the band and sunk my fingertips into it so I could play with the hemline of his briefs.

        “What are you doing?” He chuckled.

        “Your ass looks so good in these pants.” I replied. “You in a football uniform is the sexiest thing I’ve ever seen.”

        “Well I will gladly wear it more oft-“

        The sound of a door opening interrupted us from downstairs, causing me to immediately push him off of me and freeze exactly where I was. I didn’t know what to do except look at Justin for any instructions.

        “Stay here.” He said. “My mom’s probably home. I’ll just go down and tell her you’re here.”

        As I watched him get off the bed, I smirked when he twisted his pants back in the right place after I had messed them up and patiently remained where I was on his comforter. I hope his mom still isn’t as upset as she once was when she caught us but if that were me in her position I’d be beyond infuriated even to this day.

        Even though I was all the way upstairs I could still faintly hear everything that was being said and that’s when I realized that it wasn’t his mom that was home. It was his dad.

        “And would you like to tell me why coach coop told me you’re fucking benched next game?”

        “I’m failing Trig again.” I heard him say. “I’m trying dad. Please believe me. It’s just harder than it-“

        My mouth completely dropped open when I heard a bone-chilling cry but that wasn’t the only one that I heard because another one followed about five seconds after.

        “Stop!”

        The sound kept repeating itself and Justin’s pleading voice was the only thing in my head and before I even thought about what I was doing I flung the door open and thudded down the steps to see the last thing I ever wanted to.

           Justin was standing there with blood running out of his nose as his father was towering over him, his face redder than I’ve ever seen on someone before. I never once expected this at all to be going on. He seemed so happy. I know he said his father wasn’t exactly supportive but I never thought abuse was something included.

        As soon as his father heard me behind him, he whipped his head around to face me and I stumbled back, completely at a loss for words. I was frozen with fear but I was more frozen with complete and utter hatred for his father.

        “Go clean up your bloody nose.” He chuckled, the anger on his father’s face immediately disappearing. “God kid, I don’t know how many times a day you get those. Who is your lovely friend here?”